Bethal Walk

ukelele lady

Hi

I've heard a lot of people ask " where's Bethal Walk" well it's off Cambridge Street and opposite Cole Brother's.

Go and see now before the Sheffield council demolish it. Here are some recent pictures of Bethal Sunday School

at the end of Bethal Walk, it's dated 1852.

Does anyone know what use to be downstairs of the building before The Cutlers?

Hi

I've heard a lot of people ask " where's Bethal Walk" well it's off Cambridge Street and opposite Cole Brother's.

Go and see now before the Sheffield council demolish it. Here are some recent pictures of Bethal Sunday School

at the end of Bethal Walk, it's dated 1852.

Does anyone know what use to be downstairs of the building before The Cutlers?

I came across this engraving on Picture Sheffield - this must be the same building to the left of the Chapel.

Here's a few more pictures of it for posterity, taken Saturday 22 November 2008 In the first picture the Bethel Walk street sign can be clearly seen. What a shame such historic buildings as these, with Victorian dated foundation stones, are to be demolished.

I'd still like to know what the down stairs was used for before it opened as The Cutlers.

Did it use to be a pub of some other name? :o

I'd still like to know what the down stairs was used for before it opened as The Cutlers.

Did it use to be a pub of some other name? :o

Just up Cambridge St from Bethal Walk in between the Old Coles toy shop and Chubby's fine Kebab & Burger joint is this building, though at the moment it is little more than a front wall

Detail above the right hand bricked up door (next to Chubbys)

What was this building?

This early post may shed a little light on the area. Sorry for the missing pics, they disappeared when we swapped servers.

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/i...84&hl=edwin

Thanks TSAVO

Looking at this PictureSheffield photo, the last building that can be seen, is this the same building but more floors?

If so when did it get chopped down to its present facade?