Elephant Inn pub in Fitzalan Square Sheffield City Centre

dunsbyowl1867

Elephant Inn Sheffield.jpg

Elephant Inn pub on the corner of Fitzalan Square and Norfolk Street in Sheffield City Centre.

Does anyone have any more photos of this Sheffield pub

I am not sure whether this one is on Picture Sheffield or not. At one time I called in most evenings on my way home from work for a quiet pint in the snug. Always a Black and Tan or a Guinness for me as I could never take to John Smith's bitter.

elephant.jpg

I met my wife in the Elephant, when we were a bit skint on a Thursday, the landlady put music on the juke box for us knowing we would feed it when we got paid on a Friday, plus Saturday and Sunday. It was a cracking pub and to demolish it for the sake of a Halfords store was just criminal.

Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 18.29.03.jpg

Amazing photograph showing the Elephant Inn on the right on the corner of Norfolk Street, and Flat Street on the left heading down towards Pond Street

You can see from this 1952 Britain from Above Photograph, the plot of land on the corner of Flat Street and Norfolk Street where the Joseph Rogers cutlery factory was located, construction for the Odeon Cinema is under way.

Fitzalan Square.jpg