Murder - Charles Peace

RichardB

The Grand Jury returned a "True Bill" against Hannah Peace

19th January 1879

I take it that means she was found guilty

Hopefully someone will pick up on that and provide the answer.

Charles Peace is brought to Sheffield by train but escapes from the train, however he is quickly recaptured

25th January 1879

The Trial

The Illustrated Police News 8th February 1879

Nice work, great pictures. One day when I'm not fed up of constantly looking, I'll come back here and actually read this stuff. When I'm "in the zone" I go for it, like the Maps - never quite made it back to the Maps yet - Pubs however, especially Victorian Pubs - well I could drink them in all day.

THE EXECUTION IS FIXED FOR 25th February 1879

Charles Peace confesses to another murder, (Well you can only be hanged once)

20th February 1879

Guest plain talker

Did anyone manage to catch the programme on the "crime and investigation" channel (sat/ cable) overnight about Charles Ppeace?

Nick Ross presented a half-hour "From The Black Museum" programme about Peace, and showed Peace's actual tools including the ingenious collapsible ladder that Peace used in the commission of the burglaries.

Guest plain talker

For anyone interested in this subject, the WEA are commencing a course about Charlie Peace on Wednesday 21st January, at The Circle, Rockingham Lane (between Costa Coffee and the old fire station) it starts at 7pm finishes at 9pm. It's a ten-week course, so it's not that huge a commitment.

There are still some places remaining which need to be filled for the course to be viable.

It should be interesting. I'm quite fired up about it, I'm really looking forward to it.

Did anyone manage to catch the programme on the "crime and investigation" channel (sat/ cable) overnight about Charles Ppeace?

Nick Ross presented a half-hour "From The Black Museum" programme about Peace, and showed Peace's actual tools including the ingenious collapsible ladder that Peace used in the commission of the burglaries.

Always be suspicious of a man carrying an inflatable ladder - that's what I always say ... possibly :rolleyes:

For anyone interested in this subject, the WEA are commencing a course about Charlie Peace on Wednesday 21st January, at The Circle, Rockingham Lane (between Costa Coffee and the old fire station) it starts at 7pm finishes at 9pm. It's a ten-week course, so it's not that huge a commitment.

There are still some places remaining which need to be filled for the course to be viable.

It should be interesting. I'm quite fired up about it, I'm really looking forward to it.

See you there Plain Talker

Hi All,
I'm a new member based in Manchester and am doing some research into the murder of PC Cock by Charles Peace .

I'm very keen to learn more about Peaces's times in Manchester such as where he was living and accomplaces whilst he was there etc etc.

If theres anyone who can spread any light on the subject i would be very pleased to hear from them.

Hi All,

I'm a new member based in Manchester and am doing some research into the murder of PC Cock by Charles Peace .

I'm very keen to learn more about Peaces's times in Manchester such as where he was living and accomplaces whilst he was there etc etc.

If theres anyone who can spread any light on the subject i would be very pleased to hear from them.

Welcome to the site Silk, there's plenty of the above posts to be working on and

I'm sure if anyone has anything to add they will let you know.

Welcome to the site Silk, there's plenty of the above posts to be working on and

I'm sure if anyone has anything to add they will let you know.

Hi Ukelele Lady,

Thanks very much for the welcome, as you say the posts so far are great and I'm still digesting some of the information on them.

I'd be keen to hear from anyone that attended the course that was mentioned above