The Wellington Inn, 720 Brightside Lane

dunsbyowl1867

That photo brings back many memories for me Dunsbyowl. My first job was at English Steel Corp from 1960 to 1967 as a research trainee. The Wellington was where we went for all our celebrations plus any other time we could make an excuse up!

John

My grandparent sometimes used to go in there on a Saturday night and I once went to meet them not long before it closed. Just them and a number of Travellers. Must have been a busy place in its time.

Do you remember the River Don pub John - on the opposite corner?

Cheers

My grandparent sometimes used to go in there on a Saturday night and I once went to meet them not long before it closed. Just them and a number of Travellers. Must have been a busy place in its time.

Do you remember the River Don pub John - on the opposite corner?

Cheers

Hi Dunsbyowl, No I don't remember the River Don pub. I remember a shop across the other side of Hawke Street where we bought all our tea, coffee and Fussells Milk - remember that ? Looking back I think we used it in all our hot drinks instead of milk - Yuck !!!

John

Hi Dunsbyowl, No I don't remember the River Don pub. I remember a shop across the other side of Hawke Street where we bought all our tea, coffee and Fussells Milk - remember that ? Looking back I think we used it in all our hot drinks instead of milk - Yuck !!!

John

HI I was the landlord of the Wellington from 1976 to 1981,the river don inn was demolished during our time.The welly was a very busy pub serving the local steel men and we have many fond memorys of our time there.apart from a road accident that demolished the front corner window!!

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 22.57.30.jpg

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 23.03.41.jpg

The Wellington Inn

720 Brightside Lane Sheffield

Wellington Inn- Old fashioned front. Asst. agreed at English steel Corporation opposite. Old fashioned bar, typical beerhouse, club-room used once every 6 months, 10 pumps (Small W and S trade)