Mystery Location

DaveH

Pm sent

Well every body else seems to be sending them

All these Personal Messages --

I don't get attention like this on my birthday he he

----------------

HD's attempt is the furthest out up to now - miles away - (well about 10meters I'd say. :) )

All these Personal Messages --

I don't get attention like this on my birthday he he

----------------

HD's attempt is the furthest out up to now - miles away - (well about 10meters I'd say. :) )

I realised afterwards I'd named the wrong *** but I knew what I meant :wub: There can't be that many **** so near to each other. "ROAR"

HD

Pm sent

Well every body else seems to be sending them

23 PM's were sent to the Euro summit meeting.

One of them walked out and said no.

Don't know how to send a PM so

Viners works on Fitzwilliam St

jiginc

Hi jiginc

Sending messages is quite straight forward, click on the envelope icon at the top of the screen, you will then get your inbox, and also a link to "Compose New" message

When you compose new message you just enter the members name, the layout is very similar to posting in a topic

Well it looks like them as is gonna get it have done, so: -

Well done to everyone who said "the back of the Riverside Court Hotel" (one time Grosvenor Temperance Hotel)

Overlooking the back yard of The Gun

Well done to everyone who said "the back of the Riverside Court Hotel" (one time Grosvenor Temperance Hotel)

Damn, I got it wrong.

Called it the Riverside Hotel in my PM to vox lol.

It might have been the Grosvenor Temperance Hotel for a little while but it was the Lion Hotel for a heck of a lot longer before that (Roar).

HD

It might have been the Grosvenor Temperance Hotel for a little while but it was the Lion Hotel for a heck of a lot longer before that (Roar).

HD

I remember the Lion closing down sometime after 1975, at a later date the building was reopened as a bed & breakfast,

the owner was called Pete, and at a later date he applied for a drinks licence and had a bar fitted on the ground floor.

Myself and some work mates were invited to go for a drink on the opening night,

at the time it was called the Grosvenor.

Are we turning this thread into a private club?

Sheffield History is currently a private club of around 11,233 members of which you are one sando.

You have to be a Sheffield History member to join in with the postings and the PM's anyway.

I think the point of replying to the mystery location questions by PM rather than by posting is so that several members can have a go at it before the answer is finally revealed.

Otherwise some clever cloggs who knows the answer could reply by post to the question with the correct answer within minutes of it being set which then spoils it for anyone else wanting to have a go.

So using PM's, which is just as easy as posting when you know how, makes it more fun for everyone.

Agree Dave, Tsavo and me used to PM answers to each others questions so as not to spoil the flow. AQDQ (A Quite Difficult Question) was the result of our messing around. Answers direct to the question are always preferable but sometimes I know Vox, or Steve, or MadAnnie, or, or, or could answer in a second but there's no development of the site in that process. Further questions, based on the subject, are most welcome from one and all.

Despite appearances and some of my posts, I cananswer some of the ones I saw I can't answer; it's much better to wait on others, especially the newer members to have a go and to encourage discussion/debate/outrageous punchups. Almost as good as setting a Poll - now that is tremendous fun always. he he

Sheffield History is currently a private club of around 11,233 members of which you are one sando.

You have to be a Sheffield History member to join in with the postings and the PM's anyway.

I think the point of replying to the mystery location questions by PM rather than by posting is so that several members can have a go at it before the answer is finally revealed.

Otherwise some clever cloggs who knows the answer could reply by post to the question with the correct answer within minutes of it being set which then spoils it for anyone else wanting to have a go.

So using PM's, which is just as easy as posting when you know how, makes it more fun for everyone.

Agree Dave, Tsavo and me used to PM answers to each others questions so as not to spoil the flow. AQDQ (A Quite Difficult Question) was the result of our messing around. Answers direct to the question are always preferable but sometimes I know Vox, or Steve, or MadAnnie, or, or, or could answer in a second but there's no development of the site in that process. Further questions, based on the subject, are most welcome from one and all.

Despite appearances and some of my posts, I can answer some of the ones I say I can't answer; it's much better to wait on others, especially the newer members to have a go and to encourage discussion/debate/outrageous punchups. Almost as good as setting a Poll - now that is tremendous fun always. he he

The problem is we don't know whether you know or not - is it a known known or a known unknown or an unknown unknown etc,

And sometimes no-one answers for two and a half years until some mad(annie) fool finds the topic during her trawl for broken links.

What I know, or don't know is not the issue; the setting of questions means I once found a fact, set a question, then forgot the answer. I love you finding old questions and finding an answer, it's the way forward.

It's easy to set a question based on a "fact" but infinately more difficult to remember the answer the next day never mind about 2.5 years on ! I used to make use of a hidden area and drop the answers there, prior to forgetting the whole issue altogether.

The problem is we don't know whether you know or not - is it a known known or a known unknown or an unknown unknown etc,

And sometimes no-one answers for two and a half years until some mad(annie) fool finds the topic during her trawl for broken links.

What I know, or don't know is not the issue; the setting of questions means I once found a fact, set a question, then forgot the answer. I love you finding old questions and finding an answer, it's the way forward.

It's easy to set a question based on a "fact" but infinitely more difficult to remember the answer the next day never mind about 2.5 years on ! I used to make use of a hidden area and drop the answers there, prior to forgetting the whole issue altogether.

You mean you can't remember every item of information or question you have posted on here :olol.

No, neither can I, and I have only made 1100 posts.

Could it be the Northern General hospital, I know there are pieces of old machinary scattered around the grounds, but dont recognise this one