Mystery Location

DaveH

Correct SteveHB, it's all that's left of the old cafe in the park.

One down, 3 to go. Are you going to have a go at the others now that you have potted red and opened your break?

Dave, I see 5 un-answered,

vox, bus man, suart0742, Dunsbyowl and deansgirl.

I know the answer to three of them ;-)

Here's one.

Outside and inside

I'd forgoten about this one.

Clue to X

Sheffield City Council and English Heritage have listed X and neighbouring Y. There is the strong likelihood that a conservation area will be set up in Z to include X and Y in the future.

(If that makes any sense)

I had also forgotten the one set by vox, now with a cryptic, almost algebraic X, Y, Z type clue (still no wiser though!)

The one by bus man seems to have gone dead since Stuart0742 very vaguely answered that it was "somewhere near Sainsburys" and when pushed a bit further added that it was the Archer Road branch. I had assumed at this point he had got it right but it has not been confirmed so obviously not.

I had also forgotten the one set by vox, now with a cryptic, almost algebraic X, Y, Z type clue (still no wiser though!)

The one by bus man seems to have gone dead since Stuart0742 very vaguely answered that it was "somewhere near Sainsburys" and when pushed a bit further added that it was the Archer Road branch. I had assumed at this point he had got it right but it has not been confirmed so obviously not.

Well - to clarify slightly

X & Y are "Works"

and Z is an area

One of the last remaining Spring Hammers is still in opperation in the yard through the gates.

I really should try to get some photos of it before it's too late.

In true TV tradition - if you don't want more clues - Look away now.

I took the photo of the entrance from almost outside Sheffield's oldest Motor Scooter repair/dealers.

I'm sure I have seen this, cant think where

While thinking about it, this is easy, (sorry Steve you can't guess I know you have been here :P )

I know but I cheated with Google.

Well - to clarify slightly

X & Y are "Works"

and Z is an area

One of the last remaining Spring Hammers is still in opperation in the yard through the gates.

I really should try to get some photos of it before it's too late.

In true TV tradition - if you don't want more clues - Look away now.

I took the photo of the entrance from almost outside Sheffield's oldest Motor Scooter repair/dealers.

Are we talking Jeff Hall for the Scooters

I'd forgoten about this one.

Clue to X

Sheffield City Council and English Heritage have listed X and neighbouring Y. There is the strong likelihood that a conservation area will be set up in Z to include X and Y in the future.

(If that makes any sense)

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

There you go, got there in a roundabout way, it looks like quite a big site, like you say it need preserving.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

There you go, got there in a roundabout way, it looks like quite a big site, like you say it need preserving.

In "a roundabout way"? If you drag the map to the left, exposing more of it to the right, you can see into Bramall Lane Football Ground. Unfortunately thereisn't a match on!

In "a roundabout way"? If you drag the map to the left, exposing more of it to the right, you can see into Bramall Lane Football Ground. Unfortunately thereisn't a match on!

1 down what is it now 4 to go

Dunsby's ?????

Mine ??????

Busman's ??????

Deansgirl ?????

Don't think I have forgot anyone

1 down what is it now 4 to go

Dunsby's ?????

Mine ??????

Busman's ??????

Deansgirl ?????

Don't think I have forgot anyone

So you didn't get bus mans then, - that was the one taken in the snow with a small footbridge over a stream. Do we take it that this is NOT somewhere near Sainsbury's on Archer Road?

So you didn't get bus mans then, - that was the one taken in the snow with a small footbridge over a stream. Do we take it that this is NOT somewhere near Sainsbury's on Archer Road?

Need confirmation from Busman

Snow pictures on another forum, is the place to look.

These clues are becoming more of a mystery than the pictures.

Is Sherlock suggesting that the bus man mystery location has already been posted elsewhere with the answer?

Does SteveHB already know the answer?

These clues are becoming more of a mystery than the pictures.

Is Sherlock suggesting that the bus man mystery location has already been posted elsewhere with the answer?

Does SteveHB already know the answer?

Steve always knows the answer he is a modern day Sherlock, thats his photo in his post lol

Steve always knows the answer he is a modern day Sherlock, thats his photo in his post lol

Changed a bit since we were at school then lol

Guest Trefcon

I cant place those two chaps!

But i know where this is, gave me quite a start when i walked past it!

No takers? ok, these are set into the long wall that runs down Church Street abutting St Mary's at Ecclesfield, at the junction with Mill road.

These are quite modern, the original wall fell over and the mason who rebuilt it uses these as his 'trademark'.

Dean.

Guest bus man

I don't think this one has been guessed yet

Very very sorry I have not updated you all on this the comment about Fraser Road is near enough and the sainsbury is a bit further .

The answer:

The footpath leading from fraser driver across graves park beck up to chesterfield road - near the post office at the end of The Dale on woodseats

The footpath behind the black/white bollard is where the path comes out on chesterfield road this view is looking down the path from chesterfield road the snow shot is in the valley looking uptowards chesterfield road

Where is this, the answer needs to be a little more precise than Darnall

As well as a mystery location this 1904 dated stone looks a prime candidate for the date stones thread.

Not sure exactly but I seem to think I've seen it somewhere around the end of Staniforth Rd, possibly on the short stretch of Darnall Rd between Stanniforth Rd & Main Road. Just before the bottom of Prince of Wales Rd

Not sure exactly but I seem to think I've seen it somewhere around the end of Staniforth Rd, possibly on the short stretch of Darnall Rd between Stanniforth Rd & Main Road. Just before the bottom of Prince of Wales Rd

Near enough for me, its on the HSBC at the corner of Staniforth Rd and Station Rd, does anybody know any details?

Near enough for me, its on the HSBC at the corner of Staniforth Rd and Station Rd, does anybody know any details?

Abour 50 yards out I'd say.

Funny how the strangest things stick in your mind.

I don't and never have lived near there, and never spent a lot of time working round there. I just registered it at some point in the past. Who knows why?

Does anyone know where this is in Sheffield?

A clue to this one.

This building is on the opposite side of the road to the first picture.