Mystery Location

DaveH

Due to computer / ISP / server problems I am a little out of touch with this thread.

As far as I can tell there is only the "Sheffield Building Society" picture in the previous post by Stuart0742 which is still current.

To kick start the mystery location a bit and get it going again here is one of the easier ones again.

Using Stuarts "look upwards" rule, where is this porthole in a high wall?

This is one of those places you are sure you have seen but you can't squeeze it out of your brain.

Is it Darnall area?

A new one for you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Marys Gate, left hand side coming from Queens Rd, just before Shoreham Street?

On second thoughts it could be just by Pond Street bus station on (I think) Flat Street.

Marys Gate, left hand side coming from Queens Rd, just before Shoreham Street?

On second thoughts it could be just by Pond Street bus station on (I think) Flat Street.

I agree with Vox's second idea, the old Murco petrol station on Pond Street.

There is a lot of redevelopment going on at the moment, especially on the 1st level, looks like it could be part of that.

This is one of those places you are sure you have seen but you can't squeeze it out of your brain.

Is it Darnall area?

No its not Darnall.

Went to town this morning and saw a bus with Darnall on its destination board spely Darnell (with an e)!!!!

No its not Darnall.

Went to town this morning and saw a bus with Darnall on its destination board spely Darnell (with an e)!!!!

Is it a pub?

Bit like 20 questions this

Is it a pub?

Bit like 20 questions this

Come on Stuart, you know me, I've got something wrong with my legs, they won't walk past boozers, - yes its a pub.

I agree with Vox's second idea, the old Murco petrol station on Pond Street.

I'd agree with that, we had a head gasket blow on an old banger we had in the 80s and the mechanics working there put us a new engine in.

Guest plain talker

Come on Stuart, you know me, I've got something wrong with my legs, they won't walk past boozers, - yes its a pub.

that condition's "Alcoholic Constipation" that you are referring to. My dear dad suffers from that... he can't pass a pub!

that condition's "Alcoholic Constipation" that you are referring to. My dear dad suffers from that... he can't pass a pub!

I don't really suffer from it plain talker, its just what I tell my doctor when she moans about my lifestyle and the effects its having on me as I get older.

Guest bus man

Well Done

PLAINTALKER who emailed almost as soon as it went on , I noticed it on friday when i went past so thought I would get it , which was a good job as its now behind a solid barrier

No its not Darnall.

Is it near a tram track :)

Is it near a tram track :)

I don't do a lot of travelling on the Supertram.

It is not on a tram tracked road but is within easy walking distance.

I don't do a lot of travelling on the Supertram.

It is not on a tram tracked road but is within easy walking distance.

from home?? :)

from home?? :)

What, - with my legs, there could be a few other boozers to walk past first.

A bit of a treck but I could do it, - I'd certainly be in need of a drink when I got there.

However a few years ago in my younger days I could have walked it fairly easily I suppose.

What about this fairy castle, apologies for the poor quality it was 4:30 pm yesterday and with my phone

Foster's Buildings on High Street.

Thats an old one, think PT guessed it, HMV/Macdonalds on High St

Yes, you can get a burger, a film developed, buy a CD or DVD and get a prescription was the clue if I remember rightly.

On the one you are trying to guess of mine you can get an alcoholic drink, a game of dart, dominoes and I think pool and they may even have the odd quiz night.

Yes, you can get a burger, a film developed, buy a CD or DVD and get a prescription was the clue if I remember rightly.

On the one you are trying to guess of mine you can get an alcoholic drink, a game of dart, dominoes and I think pool and they may even have the odd quiz night.

Pretty good pub then

Pretty good pub then

I have been in a few times but not recently, quite a big pub with plenty of facilities so quite popular but I wouldn't like to say how recession, credit crunch, smoking ban and the price of a pint would have affected its trade today, - same as most other boozers I suppose.

I have been in a few times but not recently, quite a big pub with plenty of facilities so quite popular but I wouldn't like to say how recession, credit crunch, smoking ban and the price of a pint would have affected its trade today, - same as most other boozers I suppose.

Might have to cocede this one

Might have to cocede this one

Unfortunately there only seems to be you guessing.

When I was cut off by the server a week or so back you said in the boozer, quote "Well your'e not missing much, - it's pretty quiet on the site at present, we need to do something to get members posting like the mystery location did"

Since getting my connection restored I am amazed at how quiet it is, - just before Christmas there were 3 or 4 mystery locations running concurrently and loads of people chipping in with suggestions and answers and even offering new challenging locations, but now....

I think mine is the only one still open, so I'll tell you what, you post the next mystery challenge and then I'll post the answer to this one.

That way at least there will always be 1 mystery location open for people to have a go at rather than letting the thread become totally dormant.