Mystery Location

DaveH

It is not a bus depot or repair shop indeed it is not conected with a bus

This is bugging me, I have seen this somewhere, BusMan say's there is a knife and fork as well. Obviously to commemorate the cutlery industry. Its the background I can't get.

My 1st thought was one of these new "Walkways" on the 5 Weirs Walk somewhere near the Wicker Arches, but the brickwork looks to modern.

Guest transit

This is bugging me, I have seen this somewhere, BusMan say's there is a knife and fork as well. Obviously to commemorate the cutlery industry. Its the background I can't get.

My 1st thought was one of these new "Walkways" on the 5 Weirs Walk somewhere near the Wicker Arches, but the brickwork looks to modern.

....my guess also - somewhere near Wicker Arches , around Derek Dooley Way ? Appeared/built within the last 5 years ? Are we getting close Busman ???? :unsure:

Guest bus man

....my guess also - somewhere near Wicker Arches , around Derek Dooley Way ? Appeared/built within the last 5 years ? Are we getting close Busman ???? :unsure:

No

No

Its got to be one of the recent new buildings that have sprung up around the city,

2nd guess, near Kelham Island

Is that any nearer

Guest bus man

Its got to be one of the recent new buildings that have sprung up around the city,

2nd guess, near Kelham Island

Is that any nearer

No infact you are further away

No infact you are further away

Got to keep with recent development then, but southside of city rather than northside ??

Guest bus man

Got to keep with recent development then, but southside of city rather than northside ??

Neither of the area's you mentioned

Neither of the area's you mentioned

Is it somewhere down the bottom of Dixon Lane/ Exchange St. A hotel of some brand or other?

Ayfer

Guest plain talker

I thought it was around the canal wharf, area but I'm not 100% sure.

Guest transit

...is it the new building on the old rag & tag market site -what then became the car park for Sheaf Market ? looks like the old back wall could be the retaining/supporting wall for Commercial Street ? ..............aarrrrgggg :angry:

Guest transit
...is it the new building on the old rag & tag market site -what then became the car park for Sheaf Market ? looks like the old back wall could be the retaining/supporting wall for Commercial Street ? ..............aarrrrgggg :angry:
...........looking through from where the purple hoarding is -now built on- on this pic by Dr Stanley ?......

Guest bus man

How about the building next to the cathederal on Chrch St. ?

I think its the entrance to the "living quaters" for the catholic cathedral of st marries on Norfolk street

Am I right

Guest bus man

Correct its the gate to the back yard at the ibris hotel, remember its not on the site of the old ratg & tag its oposite it.

I think its the entrance to the "living quaters" for the catholic cathedral of st marries on Norfolk street

Am I right

That was an old one, Montgomery Hall Surrey St

BusMan got us all thinking on that one, here is an easy one

1930's Art Deco, not much of a clue, but it keeps this at the top

While we are working on that 1930 one, here's a complimentary one (that old Stuart0742 / DaveH partnership again), a 1935 one, only 5 years later

While we are working on that 1930 one, here's a complimentary one (that old Stuart0742 / DaveH partnership again), a 1935 one, only 5 years later

Think i know this one, it is ??????? keep it going a bit see if anybody else gets it

Looks like a Burtons type of building, possibly Attercliffe.

Guest skeets

What was this place previously called and was it once a Berni Inn

HI Stuart the Market Tavern was called in the 30's - 50' ties the Rotherham House. Skeets.

I think it's on Brown Street ?

Sorry Steve :P

Thought this would have been right up your street given what is opposite it

Possibly the old fire station on Division Street.

Answering my own question. Simmilar, but not correct.