Mystery Location

DaveH

'ukelele lady' is still unsolved.

Here is a nice easy one ..

(the ??? is a Street name)

Come on Steve you've let me down, I thought you knew everything.

The blue door is on Cupola off Gibralter street. It' the back of the school in Trinity street. we use to go to Sunday school there which were named Sunshine Corner. Opposite the blue door on Cupola once stood St Judes church , maybe

the large stone work at the bottom were part of it.

Has anyone any pictures of St Judes I'd love one?

I took my friend Stuart 0742 up on this piece of advice in how to solve some of the mystery location puzzles, - look upwards.

To my surprise when you look up you are more than likely to see someone else looking down at you!!!

As this next photo shows, in Sheffield, Big Brother, or at least some other nosey parker now that 1984 has been consigned to history, is watching your every move.

I'm not going to say where this camera is located so I will leave it as a very easy mystery location, no prizes for this one.

Obviously not as easy as I thought then, 2 guesses so far, one out by about half a mile by plain talker, the other out by something just over 3000 miles

So as a bonus thrown in by SteveHB's comment answer this non-Sheffield question as well :-

What is the modern name for the City formerly known as Stallingrad?

In the meantime the "not as easy as I thought it would be" mystery camera location remains open.

Sorry that should have been Copper street not Trinity street, just looked on the map. :rolleyes:

I walk past there every day, but have not walked up that lane, well I nether :)

I took my friend Stuart 0742 up on this piece of advice in how to solve some of the mystery location puzzles, - look upwards.

To my surprise when you look up you are more than likely to see someone else looking down at you!!!

As this next photo shows, in Sheffield, Big Brother, or at least some other nosey parker now that 1984 has been consigned to history, is watching your every move.

I'm not going to say where this camera is located so I will leave it as a very easy mystery location, no prizes for this one.

HSE Building on Broad Lane nr St Georges

Guest plain talker

What is the modern name for the City formerly known as Stallingrad?

there is some argument about the city's name. Khrushchev tried to de-Stalinise the nation, and have the name changed back to "Volgograd". some accepted this change, others didn't.

(same as Leningrad/ Petrograd /St Petersburg :- Many names, one city.)

Ongoing Mystery Locations

SteveHB Bottom of Duke St, Kilsun Blinds

DaveH HSE Building Broad Ln

Stalingrad no idea to far away

Wikipedia says Volgograd

there is some argument about the city's name. Khrushchev tried to de-Stalinise the nation, and have the name changed back to "Volgograd". some accepted this change, others didn't.

(same as Leningrad/ Petrograd /St Petersburg :- Many names, one city.)

Well done plain talker, the answer is Volgagrad.

Only a real hard line Soviet Communist would still want to call it Stallingrad, and there's not so many of them about these days. In fact I bet you can buy a Big Mac burger from MacDonalds in downtown Volgagrad for as little as a months wages.

Many Patriotic Russians still refer to the town as Stalingrad with pride as it is of course the place where in 1942 the Russians finally stopped the German advance into their country and turned the tide of the war.

HSE Building on Broad Lane nr St Georges

Sorry Stuart, its not the HSE building on Broad Lane.

Crickey, if you can't guess it then it must be a lot harder than I thought ;-)

Sorry Stuart, its not the HSE building on Broad Lane.

Crickey, if you can't guess it then it must be a lot harder than I thought ;-)

Is it the right area

Put us out of our misery Dave on this one, it is Christmas

Are you sure you want to give in on this one?

I have this feeling I should know this one but I the brain is going into close down for Christmas

I have this feeling I should know this one but I the brain is going into close down for Christmas

OK then, I win on this one! Even though there was no prize.

It's the Moor, at its junction with Rockingham Gate. The building, now derelict is what used to be Dixons.

It's the Moor, at its junction with Rockingham Gate. The building, now derelict is what used to be Dixons.

I knew I would know it, it was those buildings in the background that were making me think, the rear of Chesham House, the front being on Charter Row.

You tight 'rear end' DaveH, 'not even a mince pie as a prize' then ! lol

Do we get an expanded view please

You tight 'rear end' DaveH, 'not even a mince pie as a prize' then ! lol

Do we get an expanded veiw please

I DID give an expanded view to start off with

It was you that cut it down to show a close up of that bird perched behind the camera! :o

I DID give an expanded view to start off with

It was you that cut it down to show a close up of that bird perched behind the camera! :o

'Not Me' DaveH,

I don't do things like that!

edit,2218 hrs

'Not Me' DaveH,

I don't do things like that!

edit,2218 hrs

Thanks for the festive fun SteveHB

Just for you I went to town this morning (Christmas Eve, last minute shopping!!!) and took the wider view that you asked for.

Slightly different viewpoint, just to get that street sign and other details that fix the location. Unfortunately the security camera is "active" and it had been rotated to a different direction. It is pointing towards me in this picture as though the operators think I am up to no good by pointing my camera at theirs (my case goes to court in the New Year :o !!). Also that bird has obviously deceided to fly south on its migration path for Christmas.