Mystery Location

DaveH

Ball/Golden Ball, number 72 (also known as the Lamb)

Black Horse, number 64

Sorry I should have been more specific with the question, I meant in recent years, so the answer remains The County Hotel, the winner is still Syrup :)

Answer

In my house,

I rescued it from a Skip this morning lol

Someone threw that in a skip! ......... shame on them, nice shine to it.

Where would you find this? ;-)

Never noticed this before until the other day!

I have seen it whilst in the car, but cannot place it, is it above the building that is next door to the new tesco express on Barnsley Rd, the old working mens club

Banners store?or the Burtons on the corner of staniforth road?

PT, not quite correct but very very near, need an exact answer, try again in that area :)

Guest plain talker

OOOh, OOOh hang on!!!! Is it the other Burtons, on the opposite side of Attercliffe road, near Zion Lane? (think it's now a car spares?)

OOOh, OOOh hang on!!!! Is it the other Burtons, on the opposite side of Attercliffe road, near Zion Lane? (think it's now a car spares?)

You were almost there before, just think what else is there and about

Widen the view slightly

Widening the view did the trick, I was all set to say the "indian" (old Rossingtons bazaar) at the corner of Worksop Road but I will now say the small shop behind Banners on Shortbridge Street.

Widening the view did the trick, I was all set to say the "indian" (old Rossingtons bazaar) at the corner of Worksop Road but I will now say the small shop behind Banners on Shortbridge Street.

Correct, and PT was almost there sometime ago

On the 1950's Ordnance Survey Map it is shown as a Post Office.

There were some very ornate buildings around at one time, this was not even on the main road, but obviously built at the same time or in keeping with Banners.

When you walk about in Sheffield and any other town or city there is usually more to be seen historicaly if you look upwards at the upper floors of older buildings.

For example what my be a "Costa Coffe" at street level could actually be quite old, this is what I am trying to demonstrate with some of these "Mystery Locations"

I took my friend Stuart 0742 up on this piece of advice in how to solve some of the mystery location puzzles, - look upwards.

To my surprise when you look up you are more than likely to see someone else looking down at you!!!

As this next photo shows, in Sheffield, Big Brother, or at least some other nosey parker now that 1984 has been consigned to history, is watching your every move.

I'm not going to say where this camera is located so I will leave it as a very easy mystery location, no prizes for this one.

University Arts Tower?

There seems to be 3 different mystery locations currently open.

The one I have posted of the camera is not the University Arts Tower.

try again plain talker