Mystery Location

DaveH

On 04/01/2022 at 14:03, tozzin said:

Just found this view

No 12 Ventnor Place.jpg

Lovely feature to have on your house, I wonder what the connection is between him and the properties, and I wonder if the occupants have any idea who he is?

7 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Lovely feature to have on your house, I wonder what the connection is between him and the properties, and I wonder if the occupants have any idea who he is?

If you or I lived there I’m sure we would try our best to find more about him, I may contact them by post to ask the question.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, southside said:

Don't know if he caught anything! But where was he fishing?

Obviously fly fishing, in the River Sheaf in Millhouses Park, the bridge is Archer Road.

Spot on steveHB.   The guy is fishing just below where the goit from the old Water Mill located in the park, returned the spent water back to the river.

Did the row of protruding stone's each with a little header, traversing the bridge wall serve a purpose?

Here's some info about the old Water Mill from the Friends of Millhouses Park website.

https://friendsofmillhousespark.org/corn-mill-project/the-story-of-the-mill/

37 minutes ago, southside said:

Spot on steveHB.   The guy is fishing just below where the goit from the old Water Mill located in the park, returned the spent water back to the river.

Did the row of protruding stone's each with a little header, traversing the bridge wall serve a purpose?

Here's some info about the old Water Mill from the Friends of Millhouses Park website.

https://friendsofmillhousespark.org/corn-mill-project/the-story-of-the-mill/

Those "protruding stone's" can be seen on a lot of old bridges, they supported temporary wooden arches/supports used in bridge building.