Your Pastimes and Hobbies

Guest skeets

What's your favourite pastime, in or out of doors , mines painting ,an inexpensive and enjoyable pastime, no matter how good, or bad, your efforts are ,you will take pleasure each time you improve, have a go, and you may surprise yourself . skeets

-----------------------

SORRY I GOT THIS IN THE WRONG CATAGORY

-----------------------

Easily sorted, Athur. L.

Guest carlie167

whats your favourite pastime, in or out of doors , mines painting ,an inexpensive and enjoyable pastime, no matter how good, or bad, your efforts are ,you will take pleasure each time you improve, have a go, and you may surprise yourself . skeets

SORRY I GOT THIS IN THE WRONG CATAGORY

I like walking in the country, visiting old buildings and churches, and reading and listening to music (any type depending on my mood at the time. :)

You have pastimes and hobbies beyond flogging your guts out on behalf of SheffieldHistory ? ... hang on, I'm doing something wrong here ... lol

Erm, might be a bit out of the norm for some on here.

Bodybuilding, Looking after my car are the top two.

My SH addiction has taken a firm grip now though and find myself on here most of the time (time when i shouldn't be as well, oops!)

I also like to draw occasionally, a skill i picked up from my Dad I think, doing the odd peice (mostly portraits) for family and friends.

Guest SheffBlade

Photography is my main hobby as I just love it. Walking too. Oh and I'm a 'net addict lol

I love reading books and watching documentories

Guest bus man

taking photos with friends in back ground then posting them on sheffield history fourm 30 odd years latter - they get really cross - dont they transit

The study of the First World War, particularly the conditions the PBI had to endure,I have visited the sites of many of the battles, read many books, studied maps attended seminars and heard first hand accounts,and years ago had the great pleasure and I might add honour of talking to many veterans of this conflict.It may sound soppy but I was proud to meet and know such a wonderful band of true gentlemen who went out did their duty and then got on with their lives.

A few years ago my wife learned of a great uncle who had died in 1918 which led us on a wonderful exploration during which we learned of his elder brother KIA in October 1914,had joined the Army in 1906 and tracing his record gave a wonderful insight into the conditions of serving soldiers in those far-off days.

Another favourite subject is the battle of Waterloo, same applies,books maps etc, but cannot talk to the veterans of that battle!!!, and again many visits to the site of the battle,I suppose my display word "Hougoumont"is a clue.

This hobby by the way is not a glorification of war but a tribute to all those took part and remembrance of them and their sacrifice.

All very absorbing I can assure you all,and not in the least bit dull.