Prisoners Of War in Sheffield

Guest dex

Hi!

I'm a journalism student at the University of Sheffield, and a group of us are doing a story on the Lodge Moor Camp.

If you, or anyone you know, has any stories about the camp and its POWs, please send me an e-mail at:

anisha.sharma10 @ gmail. com

Thanks so much!

Anisha Sharma.

Looks like Peter's beat me to it.

Guest Drumbeat62

My late Grandparents who lived in Cundy Street Walkley had some German P.O.W.s for tea, these were from the Lodge Moor POW camp.

I think that this was rather nice of them as (my Grandparents) they'd been blitzed out of Bolsover Street where the high rise flats are.

Guest dimagh

I did hear that Potter Hill camp at Highgreen had been used to house Italian prisoners. Prior to that it had been used to billet US servicemen prior to D Day.

Hi

I came across your post about the POW in lodge moor.

I am a post graduate student at the University of Sheffield. I am working on a project about the POW in Lodge moor and I got into contact with a lady that translated a German prisoner's diary during WWII. But I am interested in finding and interviewing people or families who were directly involved in the lodge moor camp or had relatives living in the camp during WWII.

My deadline is the end of this week so I appreciate contacting me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hi

I came across your post about the POW in lodge moor.

I am a post graduate student at the University of Sheffield. I am working on a project about the POW in Lodge moor and I got into contact with a lady that translated a German prisoner's diary during WWII. But I am interested in finding and interviewing people or families who were directly involved in the lodge moor camp or had relatives living in the camp during WWII.

My deadline is the end of this week so I appreciate contacting me as soon as possible.

Thanks

See post 25 above.