Royal Rifle Corps Carlisle Street Sheffield

dunsbyowl1867

rrc.jpg

The Royal Rifle Corps Pub on Carlisle Street

Gilmour House

Does anyone have any more info on The Royal Rifle Corps pub?

Royal Rifle Corps Sheffield.jpg

Nos. 147-139 Royal Rifle Corps Public House, Carlisle Street East and the junction of Atlas Street

The pub on the corner (with the beer advertisement on the wall) may have been the Wrekin Pub, Carlisle Street East.

Does anyone have any confirmation or any other information about The Royal Rifle Corps pub or The Wrekin Pub on Carlisle Street East?

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 11.25.13.jpg

The rear entrance and back yard of the Royal Rifle Corps on Forncett Street Burngreave just off Carlisle Street East

1 hour ago, Sheffield History said:

Royal Rifle Corps Sheffield.jpg

Nos. 147-139 Royal Rifle Corps Public House, Carlisle Street East and the junction of Atlas Street

The pub on the corner (with the beer advertisement on the wall) may have been the Wrekin Pub, Carlisle Street East.

Does anyone have any confirmation or any other information about The Royal Rifle Corps pub or The Wrekin Pub on Carlisle Street East?

I wrote an article on pubs and I indicated that Wrekin Pub was indeed the one in the photo, all my research pointed to it, with entries and names in local directories.

4 minutes ago, tozzin said:

I wrote an article on pubs and I indicated that Wrekin Pub was indeed the one in the photo, all my research pointed to it, with entries and names in local directories.

Brilliant stuff - thank you for confirming