Stan Shaw, little mester.

dr stanley

I was on Garden Street earlier this week and was surprised to see that Stan Shaw's name was no longer on the door to his little mester's shop, thinking the worse I was glad to see in tonight's Star that he is still going strong at 82 and still working.

He has moved into new "premises" at the Kelham Island Museum and intends to carry on working.

There is a edited version of the full article here: http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/Masters-...rade.4560567.jp There is a great photo in The Star of Stan working on one of his multi bladed knife.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago, a real gentleman and craftsman.

His old door on Garden Street, before the move.

I was on Garden Street earlier this week and was surprised to see that Stan Shaw's name was no longer on the door to his little mester's shop, thinking the worse I was glad to see in tonight's Star that he is still going strong at 82 and still working.

He has moved into new "premises" at the Kelham Island Museum and intends to carry on working.

There is a edited version of the full article here: http://www.thestar.co.uk/business/Masters-...rade.4560567.jp There is a great photo in The Star of Stan working on one of his multi bladed knife.

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago, a real gentleman and craftsman.

His old door on Garden Street, before the move.

Hallamshire Press published a book in 1993 called "Stan Shaw Master Cutler" . I picked up a copy from them at the Kelham Island Xmas market a few years ago.

Guest MGcutler

Stan Shaw is still infact at his Garden street workshop, i was there on monday

he told me that he is not moving premises until after christmas time, when he will go to Kelham island

MGcutler

Guest BUXT0NGENT

Stan Shaw is still infact at his Garden street workshop, i was there on monday

he told me that he is not moving premises until after christmas time, when he will go to Kelham island

MGcutler

Seeing the name 'Stan Shaw' rang bells with me so i rang my old friend, a leatherworker from Bilsthorpe,. Notts.

He said ' I was with Stan last Thursday (Apr 24/2009) at Kelham Island. Apparently. he's working there a number of days every week, although his workshop is not quite up Stan's requirements as yet. he has all his gear there and is currently engaged in making a Bowie knife for one of the Sheffield Bigwigs. He's still going strong at 83'.