Bus Photo's

Stuart0742

Would it be Townhead st/Campo Lane

That's exactly where I thought it was, at the terminal stops on Campo Lane, with Steel City House in the far left background.

Guest bus man

Not a sheffield bus as such may may have worked in to sheffield on 277/8

WYG 256S SYPTE 1136

New to serverns at doncaster passed to pte when the business was bought out by the PTE , then sold to Stevensons of Uttoxeter , went to their spath depot and was stripped . Then sold to a scrap dealer down the road as been in there for 25 years.

Was brought back to South Yorkshire yesterday to Tinsley , its a long term project :rolleyes:

Please note tinsley tram sheds is not open to the public - sorry

Not a sheffield bus as such may may have worked in to sheffield on 277/8

WYG 256S SYPTE 1136

New to serverns at doncaster passed to pte when the business was bought out by the PTE , then sold to Stevensons of Uttoxeter , went to their spath depot and was stripped . Then sold to a scrap dealer down the road as been in there for 25 years.

Was brought back to South Yorkshire yesterday to Tinsley , its a long term project :rolleyes:

http://s116.photobuc...nt=IMGP8283.jpg

Please note tinsley tram sheds is not open to the public - sorry

Mornin' busman.

The photo link to photobucket is not working.

Error 404 - Page not found

:(

try this

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/TRAMMANN/?action=view&current=IMGP8283.jpg

try this

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/TRAMMANN/?action=view&current=IMGP8283.jpg

That one works :)

Looks like a very long term project: how much of the innards of the bus is extant?

That one works :)

Looks like a very long term project: how much of the innards of the bus is extant?

Not for me it doesn't.

Guest bus man

The inside is missing a lot of bits: cab fittings, drivers seats, lots of chrome handles sawn off, some of stairs missing but it still as its de reg adverts.

Ill try and get a inside shot

MODERATOR QUESTION? Why does this forum not accept links to photo sites that are ok on other forums ?

Thanks to those who modify the links

Guest bus man

The upper deck of 1136 taken from outside the bus at the front it was not possible to actually go inside !

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/TRAMMANN/?action=view&current=DSCN9060.jpg

The odd seat at the rear NS is of intrest note how most of the seats that remain had had the chrome tops removed

MODERATOR QUESTION? Why does this forum not accept links to photo sites that are ok on other forums ?

Never had any problems with that one bus man,

and I'm sure if other members had, they would have mentioned it.

Here's my test image .. Photobucket

Your link above seems to be working OK

Guest bus man

The problem appears to be if you are cutting and pasting IE you have done the article in either another forum or say word and then cut and paste on this forum it never accepts the link

Thought I might shere these gems with you...

7879WJ

7878WJ

I had the rear glass number plate from this bus in the late 70's. My mum threw it away!!! Gutted :-(

The Oxfam bus was "doing its thing" in Worcester on the 20th February 1965 ...

http://www.transportphotos.com/road/photo/JM01000-03

Further to my mystery bus post, here are 3 more photo's of Sheffield buses

Not sure about No.1

Guest sooty757

I stumbled on this site after looking at a old photo off Ecclesall Road a no 72 bus 1963 ish, any one number of the bus no to Dore in the 60.s ;;;booth and fisher busses appear on these sites the only buses older than Hulleys then,which i went to scool on,not sure how to start a new post on here help please

i stumbled on this site afer looking at a old photo off eeccelsall road a no 72 bus 1963 ish, any one number of the bus no to dore in the 60.s ;;;booth and fisher busses appear on these sites the only buses older than Hulleys then,which i went to scool on,not sure how to start a new post on here help please

Hi sooty757, welcome to SH.

Is it a new topic you are wanting to start ?

is so, go to the appropriate section like this one (Sheffield Transport) near the top right you should see 'Start New Topic'

give it a Title & a Tag if you wish, and away you go.

Do not worry if you make a mistake, things can be deleted, moved or changed.

-----------------------------

ps. due to copyright, links only to picturesheffield images, thanks.

Thanks madannie. All I know is that it was the only mobile library that could service a stop at Parkwood Springs because the later custom built jobs were too big to go through the bridge, and the drivers liked it because it could cope with Sheffield hills better than the later ones which they always said were under-powered.