Bus Photo's

Stuart0742

Further to my mystery bus post, here are 3 more photo's of Sheffield buses

Not sure about No.1

Locations??, alright No. 2 is the Wicker

Guest plain talker

pity the pictures are in black and white, in a way.

I'm suspecting that pictures number2 and 3 are of the buses that were given the very unpopular experimental green livery.

the location of picture number 1 has me stumped, as the livery of the 45a bus in the background makes me think it wasn't even Sheffield....? (I wish I could read the destination blind on that one! )

Second look at numbers 2 and 3... the registration numbers on both buses are EWA 540 and EWA 582, so they'd more than likely be from the same "batch"

pity the pictures are in black and white, in a way.

I'm suspecting that pictures number2 and 3 are of the buses that were given the very unpopular experimental green livery.

the location of picture number 1 has me stumped, as the livery of the 45a bus in the background makes me think it wasn't even Sheffield....? (I wish I could read the destination blind on that one! )

Second look at numbers 2 and 3... the registration numbers on both buses are EWA 540 and EWA 582, so they'd more than likely be from the same "batch"

I am stumped with the first photo, given the Reg No. it is at least an ex Sheffield bus, perhaps sold on, the photo is from a batch I bought on Ebay described as Sheffield Buses.

Guest bus man

I am stumped with the first photo, given the Reg No. it is at least an ex Sheffield bus, perhaps sold on, the photo is from a batch I bought on Ebay described as Sheffield Buses.

The oxfax bus could be on the south coast as it appears that the bus in the background is a southdown queen mary so its brighton area

The other buses are not in green livery they are both trainers so are in the reversed livery of blue

Guest transit

pic 1 is an ex- Sheffield bus obviously sold on (to Oxfam) after its withdrawal . Pics 2+3 show Driver Trainer buses STILL in use with Sheffield Transport at the time - but they usually were painted in "reverse livery" (all dark blue with or without cream stripes) to distinquish them from actual "in service" buses. An instructer can actually be seen advising a learner on one of the photos! I would guess a date of late 50's-early 60's. ;-)

Guest bus man

pic 1 is an ex- Sheffield bus obviously sold on (to Oxfam) after its withdrawal . Pics 2+3 show Driver Trainer buses STILL in use with Sheffield Transport at the time - but they usually were painted in "reverse livery" (all dark blue with or without cream stripes) to distinquish them from actual "in service" buses. An instructer can actually be seen advising a learner on one of the photos! I would guess a date of late 50's-early 60's. ;-)

The trainer on harmer lane is taken before the closure of the trams in oct 1960

Unfortunatley I cant find my bible - SHEFFIELD TRANSPORT - By C Hall - its somewhere in the little bedroom

Note how the Oxfam bus as a "arm" indicator

Further to my mystery bus post, here are 3 more photo's of Sheffield buses

Not sure about No.1

Locations??, alright No. 2 is the Wicker

Somemore photos

Rotherham Bus Station

Location ???? possibly Doncaster

Midland Station (sister bus to the Mystery Photo}

Harmer Ln

Pond Street

Guest gareth388

The 2nd photo of the Swift isn't Doncaster - its somewhere in West Yorkshire.

I'm not well versed on West Yorkshire services but I'm guessing at somewhere like Leeds. May be wrong!

The 2nd photo of the Swift isn't Doncaster - its somewhere in West Yorkshire.

I'm not well versed on West Yorkshire services but I'm guessing at somewhere like Leeds. May be wrong!

Doncaster was just a guess given the destinations on the signage. Could it be Barnsley, this would agree with the White Rose Express

Guest transit

Doncaster was just a guess given the destinations on the signage. Could it be Barnsley, this would agree with the White Rose Express

....i would suggest Barnsley - the surrounding buses are Yorkshire Traction ?

Guest bus man

[/quote

Its the old bus station in Barnsley surprised to see a swift on that service though wonder if it was a short working for football traffic

Guest transit

Its the old bus station in Barnsley surprised to see a swift on that service though wonder if it was a short working for football traffic

...yes the buses used around that time on the X32/33 were the more comfortable Alexander Y type Leopards with coach seating , like this model shows ...

<br />Further to my mystery bus post, here are 3 more photo's of Sheffield buses<br /><br />Not sure about No.1<br /><br /> <br /><br /><br /><br />Locations??, alright No. 2 is the Wicker<br />
<br /><br /><br />Re no1 its not where its going but where has it been !? skeets

<br /><br /><br />Re no1 its not where its going but where has it been !? skeets

Thats true, it was a Sheffield bus, now (time of photo) somewhere on the Southdowns

Stuart0742 post date 'Oct 23 2008, 12:08 PM

Thats true, it was a Sheffield bus, now (time of photo) somewhere on the Southdowns

Stuart are we looking at buses with different liverys after Maggie dereg'd the transport and we had all sorts on the roads withe the same colours of the 'allsorts'

Skeets

<br /><br /><br />Stuart are we looking at buses with different liverys after Maggie dereg; the transport and we had all sorts on the roads withe the same colours of the 'allsorts' Skeets

Hi Skeets

I think there is a thread somewhere about post derg bus companies.

This thread started life as some b/s photo's I have, will post some more tonight

Stuart

Somemore photos

Rotherham Bus Station

Location ???? possibly Doncaster

Midland Station (sister bus to the Mystery Photo}

Harmer Ln

Pond Street

Here are some more photos, all Pond Street or near by

Guest transit

2 more Pond St photos

...the first pic is actually on Commercial Street which would have been just below the "Wimpy" bar! - where you caught the infamous 69 bus to Rotherham. ;-)

...the first pic is actually on Commercial Street which would have been just below the "Wimpy" bar! - where you caught the infamous 69 bus to Rotherham. ;-)

Of course it is, I see now thanks Transit

Guest transit

Next batch

Fitzallan Sq

Harmer Ln

Exchange St

Pond St

The bottom picture is of low-roof Bridgemaster 525 (1925 WE) .This was the only one in Sheffield - the photos above it show the more standard types (higher roofs). This bus has been preserved by someone in Halifax ,and made an appearance at the Meadowhall rally in 2002 (with same destination!!!). see here - go on youtube and print , sheffield 525 . ;-)