New Dentures

Guest skeets

Hi All, Can anyone tell me if it is an accepted thing nowadays, to have to use adhesive to hold one's new dentures in position, Skeets.

HI All ,Can anyone tell me if it is an accpted thing nowadays , to have to use adesive to hold one's new dentures in position , Skeets.
My dad had just two sets of false teeth in 50 years and never used anything to hold them in. I think the rot set in [excuse the pun] when they started calling them dentures. Dentists today have either lost the knack of making a good fitting set, or they are getting a hand warmer from the sticky stuff people. Nothing is the same anymore anyway, just had some pork pie for tea, very nice but its not the same without the jelly is it. TTFN.

My dad had just two sets of false teeth in 50 years and never used anything to hold them in. I think the rot set in [excuse the pun] when they started calling them dentures. Dentists today have either lost the knack of making a good fitting set, or they are getting a hand warmer from the sticky stuff people. Nothing is the same anymore anyway, just had some pork pie for tea, very nice but its not the same without the jelly is it. TTFN.

HI You have described exactly my thoughts on this subject, although l must say they are getting better since l posted, Just seen your post saying you had a Standard first car, first l had a Standard 10 1931, alluminium body which l cut off and made a small truck,had it professionlaly signwritten , it lasted 6mths, engine cracked . 38 cars, lorrys and vans later ,l now have a Classic Renault Deisel, at 84,yrs old l think it will be my last. re; pork pies marvelous here in France , Cheers Skeets .

And take care when visiting "discotheques" my sister tells me that dentures glow purple in untra vilolet light! lol

Do people with Dentures go to Discotheques? :mellow:

There used to be Grab a Granny nights at one time :)

According to my sister yes they did and indeed I think she was referring to a grab a granny or (grandad night) at the Top Rank ! :o

HI GRAB A GRANNY NIGHTS WAS A POPULAR VENUE AT THE ESSOLO ON THURS NIGHTS IN THE LATE SIXTIES [AND REWARDING] I DARE SAY [now] SKEETS.