Flockton and Tomkins

DaveH

I have a friend at work who I have been helping research her family tree and it turns out her grandfather has a connection with this company. I have managed to trace Flockton and Tompkins to the Newhall Steel works on Burgess Road behind Christ Church, Attercliffe. As far as I know they went out of business in the mid 1950's. On most maps the steel works is just marked as "Newhall Steel Works" but presumably a number of small companies occupied these works. She also has a small spring knife made by this company which is marked with the company logo, a cat standing upright wearing a top hat.

Does anyone know anything about this company, what they made? years they were in business? or any other details.

I have a friend at work who I have been helping research her family tree and it turns out her grandfather has a connection with this company. I have managed to trace Flockton and Tompkins to the Newhall Steel works on Burgess Road behind Christ Church, Attercliffe. As far as I know they went out of business in the mid 1950's. On most maps the steel works is just marked as "Newhall Steel Works" but presumably a number of small companies occupied these works. She also has a small spring knife made by this company which is marked with the company logo, a cat standing upright wearing a top hat.

Does anyone know anything about this company, what they made? years they were in business? or any other details.

Hi just put on e-bay a fine set of FLOCKTON &TOMPKIN & CO set of 7 day week cut throat razor set in a leather box also personalised, with the cat trade mark.

this set must be victorian.

just thought this might be of some interest to you?

cheers kevin...

Flockton, Tompkin & Co. Ltd

John Benjamin Tompkin, home Brooklyn, 53 Clarkegrove Road (1911 & 1919)

and John Herbert Willey, home 61 Clakegrove Road (1911, 1919 and 1925)

Hi just put on e-bay a fine set of FLOCKTON &TOMPKIN & CO set of 7 day week cut throat razor set in a leather box also personalised, with the cat trade mark.

cheers kevin...

Thanks for the information ktgit and welcome to Sheffield History.

I will pass the information on for my friends research

cheers kevin...

Managed to retrieve your picture of these razors from eBay

I have also posted your eBay entry in the "Sheffield items being sold on eBay" section, - could get you a few extra bids ;-)