Can any software do this ?

Guest Gramps

Guest Gramps

A long time ago in Windows 3.11 I had some free Ulead software that would allow me to have two images in the same frame. I could stitch the images by selecting one and sliding it over the other with the mouse until I had an invisible join, and then save the result as a new image.

I've tried various applications since upgrading to 32bit Windows but none has ever been as easy to use or as satisfactory as the old Ulead utility.

These days most photographic software has a 'stich' facility but will do it automatically. Sometimes known by different names as in photoshop which I use but can't remember what they call it now? I'll have a dig.

A long time ago in Windows 3.11 I had some free Ulead software that would allow me to have two images in the same frame. I could stitch the images by selecting one and sliding it over the other with the mouse until I had an invisible join, and then save the result as a new image.

I've tried various applications since upgrading to 32bit Windows but none has ever been as easy to use or as satisfactory as the old Ulead utility.

See Steve's link

Software that comes with Canon camera's include a utility to join photos together (try Canon's website).

I use photoshop, but this is quite expensive.

Hi Gramps, 'ULEAD' is now Corel® PhotoImpact®

this is ULEAD photoImpact XL SE, an old version, no longer on the market.

Give me time and I will have a look round for some free software that works on similar lines,

failing that I have loads of Image editing software.

Steve

" A long time ago in Windows 3.11 I had some free Ulead software that would allow me to have two images in the same frame. I could stitch the images by selecting one and sliding it over the other with the mouse until I had an invisible join, and then save the result as a new image "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gramps,

'Paint net' will work images like that, I have had a go with it ...

The end result is not perfect with this map,

but saying that 'photoshop CS3's automated stitch facility did no better on this one either.

The result below was all done useing 'paint net'

The basic commands are (I will make an in-depth tut: and post it in the relevant section)

1/ 'File' Open (you're first image)

2/ 'Image' Canvas size (Ctrl+Shift+R) and select 'by percentage' about 200%

3/ 'Layers' Import from file, when in position 'Edit' Deselect (Ctrl+D)

Then, Repeat number 3, when done Deselect

4/ 'Image' Flatten (Ctrl+Shift+F)

5/ 'File' Save As.. (Ctrl+Shift+S) and Save as type 'JPEG' and give it a name.

Many thanks Steve, I'll have a go with Paint. net.

Panavue free trial work very well but leaves watermarks all over the final image.

Many thanks Steve, I'll have a go with Paint. net.

Panavue free trial work very well but leaves watermarks all over the final image.

You're welcome Gramps,

'IrfanView' has a stitch do-da in it,

'Image' Create Panorama image,

but I have not had a good go with it.

Sometimes with automated stitching, say like four bits.

Stitch bits 1 & 2 save, stitch 3 & 4 save and then stitch 1,2 and 3,4 together.