One Laptop

RichardB

One laptop, two 19 inch screens, running two copies of SheffieldHistory at one time - gotta be a serious cause of confuzzlement !!!

Read Deansgirl's corrections to the War Memorial list on one screen and update the original posting on the other !

Also, working on spreadsheets, you can stretch the sheet over both screens - handy for the Pubs !

Now, I've left the breakfast bar and the two screens and I'm enduring Coronation Street with the wifelette; this is the laptop-laptop, i.e. a laptop on my lap. Obviously I'm still logged in to here on my workstation at work - two screens, 4Gb of RAM ...

I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Expolder, at this moment I'm running ten instances of Firefox though only one pointing at SheffieldHistory - unless you count the one at work and the one in the front room (I'm in the kitchen).

Now the two screens makes more sense ... possibly ...

I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Expolder, at this moment I'm running ten instances of Firefox though only one pointing at SheffieldHistory - unless you count the one at work and the one in the front room (I'm in the kitchen).

Now the two screens makes more sense ... possibly ...

Do you always slap sticky notes all around the 'Dell' monitor screen then ?

Advice taken,

very handy for copying the text off PDF images.

One desktop and two CRT monitors.

One 14" the other 17",

I do have a 22" but it wont fit in at the side of the kitchen sink :(

Advice taken,

very handy for copying the text off PDF images.

One desktop and two CRT monitors.

One 14" the other 17",

I do have a 22" but it wont fit in at the side of the kitchen sink :(

Good work, I was just working on an idea of two laptops, two keyboards, two mice, three screens and wondering how I would get that past the wife... (I already have the screens, keyboards, mice, laptops - just not the bravery).

What was the name of the famous Yorkshire inventor

who had three TV's on at the same time?

If he did this between 1964 and 1982 he would be able to watch ALL the available broadcast television at the same time! (BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV)

What was the name of the famous Yorkshire inventor

who had three TV's on at the same time?

I think it was the 'cat's eyes' man, but I'm blowed if I can remember his name!

If he did this between 1964 and 1982 he would be able to watch ALL the available broadcast television at the same time! (BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV)

"His only real decorations were the three television sets that were kept permanently switched on. One was tuned to BBC1, the second to BBC2 and the third to ITV. A fourth set was kept in reserve"

I think it was the 'cat's eyes' man, but I'm blowed if I can remember his name!

Yes that's him Percy Shaw,

I remember seeing him on Whicker's World many years ago.

Telegraph.co.uk Man with his eye on the road

"His only real decorations were the three television sets that were kept permanently switched on. One was tuned to BBC1, the second to BBC2 and the third to ITV. A fourth set was kept in reserve"

Yes that's him Percy Shaw,

I remember seeing him on Whicker's World many years ago.

Telegraph.co.uk Man with his eye on the road

3 Televisions so he could watch all the available television programmes at the time

In todays digital world with Terrestial Freeview, Sky, Cable and Internet streaming of television channels how many televisions would he need to do the same now?