• JOSEPHINES
    • LEADMILL
    • KIKI's
    • CHARLIE PARKERS
    • THE LIMIT CLUB
    • REBELS

Going to try a poll...

Had to narrow the time down to late 80's, early 90's

Don't forget to check out our nightclub section - where we have pictures and stories from the nightclubs that are now gone from Sheffield forever..

Going to try a poll...

Had to narrow the time down to late 80's, early 90's

Don't forget to check out our nightclub section - where we have pictures and stories from the nightclubs that are now gone from Sheffield forever..

OI...where's the Limit? The most atmospheric club Sheffield ever had. I see they opened a new Limit now, but a place is more than just bricks and mortar.

i vote for cairos had some good nights in there. It was handy having the 2 rooms so you could hide from unwanted drunk goons wanting to dance with you!!!!

I voted the Limit I was in there every conceivable night I could watching all the live bands

I grew up on it

has anybody been in the banoose? thats the old josephines to anyone who is interested lol

i vote for cairos had some good nights in there. It was handy having the 2 rooms so you could hide from unwanted drunk goons wanting to dance with you!!!!

Never heard of Cairos; if that was me in any nightclub, I'm sorry .... :blink:

I won't vote seeing I was in these clubs in the 1970s but for Music it had to the THE LIMIT. For style & pulling I would have to go for JOSEPHINES. At that time it was also one of the few clubs that had an OVER 25s only rule which was fine by me as I always did like the older woman lol

Josephines was the yuppie club, isabellas was the primary of night clubs (too many 12 looking 18 year olds), Kikis the same, Roxy's..well what can I say..poxy roxy! and cairo Jax..one of the best until they went bust then we had to put up with poxy roxy's. Heard recently that the fiesta become steelies become roxys become church going citizens is coming on the scheme again for a night club? Could be wrong but has anyone else heard anything?

Josephines was the yuppie club, isabellas was the primary of night clubs (too many 12 looking 18 year olds), Kikis the same, Roxy's..well what can I say..poxy roxy! and cairo Jax..one of the best until they went bust then we had to put up with poxy roxy's. Heard recently that the fiesta become steelies become roxys become church going citizens is coming on the scheme again for a night club? Could be wrong but has anyone else heard anything?

Also forgot top rank!! and head banging Rebels!!

The Fiesta did not become Steelies/ Roxy's, they arre two different places in the same complex, I think the Fiesta is now the Odeon cinema.

Yes Roxy is going to be a live music venue KT Tunstall is already booked for April. ;-)

Had some great times at cairo's

but for me...by a mile.....was rebels 88 to 91...happy days indeed ;-)lol

Deffinately happy happy days, but all those stairs he he

Deffinately happy happy days, but all those stairs he he

'tis true rosie...If i had a quid for every time i slipped and fell on my ass on those damn stairs..i'd be richer now ! :rolleyes: