When you're ready ...

RichardB

Not sure how to do it but we could start with the locations of bus and tram depots around the City.

As they are maps from the 1950's we could locate School Rd and Tenter St to name but two which no longer exist.

I have a map of the tram network some where, which we could use to plot locations of intrest with.

Not sure how to do it but we could start with the locations of bus and tram depots around the City.

As they are maps from the 1950's we could locate School Rd and Tenter St to name but two which no longer exist.

I have a map of the tram network some where, which we could use to plot locations of intrest with.

This is is from map 3, if we can identify all relavent places, Tram Depots, Railway Stations etc we could produce an index of Places - Maps etc.

See what Richard/Steve think about actually adding this sort of identification to the main maps.

Borrowed this from an early post by Admin

Seems a good idea to me folks,

but no over-thrilled with a green Tram Depot, 'looks to much like a park to me'

:-)

Just 1st colour that came to hand, what colour should a tram depot be? :)

Cream and brown of whatever colour those buses were meant to be.

Great use for the Maps; never really into Transport myself, but, Go for it !

......Surely a nice royal blue to celebrate the standard colours of Sheffield Transports buses and trams (cream and blue) for around 100 years ,right up to the takeover by South Yorkshire P.T.E. and the gradual change of livery to coffee and cream from 1974 on. ;-)