Malinda Street

POPPYCHRISTINA

Over the last few weeks (months) I have been wandering the back streets of Sheffield ,looking at old buildings that I thought are Victorian and should be saved.

My daughter was looking for some new worktops for the extension that we have built at the back of her house on Derbyshire Lane. I thought that the works that I had photoed a few weeks ago were closed but having gone on the internet I rang the proprietor and found that their works had JUST received Grade 2 Listing for the block.ABSOLUTELY BRILL!!!!

I am really pleased that old workshops can still be going amongst the new student flats,

http://www.sheafmarble.co.uk/

By the way,the cafe does a good bacon sarnie as well .

Over the last few weeks (months) I have been wandering the back streets of Sheffield ,looking at old buildings that I thought are Victorian and should be saved.

My daughter was looking for some new worktops for the extension that we have built at the back of her house on Derbyshire Lane. I thought that the works that I had photoed a few weeks ago were closed but having gone on the internet I rang the proprietor and found that their works had JUST received Grade 2 Listing for the block.ABSOLUTELY BRILL!!!!

I am really pleased that old workshops can still be going amongst the new student flats,

http://www.sheafmarble.co.uk/

By the way,the cafe does a good bacon sarnie as well .

This is a picture taken of Malinda Street looking towards Netherthorpe Road.

I don't think it's the same building on question and I don't know if it's still standing, I've been to have a look today

but couldn't get near for building work.