Marriage group

Guest skeets

Could be, Skeets, but I never remember him smiling.........and it was 40 odd years ago. Maybe if you have one of him scowling and looking miserable though......!

tsavo or on this one skeets[2cnd man from the left

For those of you who are puzzled by this apparently private conversation, I reprint the original posting that prompted it. Sorry if we confused anyone!

After working late on a technical problem at the Gaumont in 1964, I and a colleague, were only thinking that we would be in our beds in half an hour or so.

Leaving the building at 3.00am, we found that our Mini was blocked in by another Mini on the narrow gennell (ginnell?) down to Pinstone street. The other car belonged to someone living in a flat above the Pinstone Street shops. He worked for the Council lighting department and refused to come and move it.

We asked the local Bobby (he was sat in the Town Hall Police box) for assistance. Remember, the police had no radios in those days, just a whistle. Rather than sound his whistle, the Sergeant ran his truncheon along the roadside railings creating an awful racket. As if by, magic three policemen appeared from various shop doorways. After sizing up the problem, the Sergeant and his three constables carried the blocking mini clear of the gennell and allowed us to leave. They then replaced it in the gennell but sideways on, leaving just a few inches back & front. Would have given anything to have seen the guy's face when he saw his car.

Guest skeets

For those of you who are puzzled by this apparently private conversation, I reprint the original posting that prompted it. Sorry if we confused anyone!

After working late on a technical problem at the Gaumont in 1964, I and a colleague, were only thinking that we would be in our beds in half an hour or so.

Leaving the building at 3.00am, we found that our Mini was blocked in by another Mini on the narrow gennell (ginnell?) down to Pinstone street. The other car belonged to someone living in a flat above the Pinstone Street shops. He worked for the Council lighting department and refused to come and move it.

We asked the local Bobby (he was sat in the Town Hall Police box) for assistance. Remember, the police had no radios in those days, just a whistle. Rather than sound his whistle, the Sergeant ran his truncheon along the roadside railings creating an awful racket. As if by, magic three policemen appeared from various shop doorways. After sizing up the problem, the Sergeant and his three constables carried the blocking mini clear of the gennell and allowed us to leave. They then replaced it in the gennell but sideways on, leaving just a few inches back & front. Would have given anything to have seen the guy's face when he saw his car.

Sorry tsavo, but l did select [send message]when l posted these comments