Loxley Country Club

Guest coffee cup

Guest coffee cup

Who remembers Loxley Country Club ??

This was/is just off Long Lane at Loxley. It had a 9 hole golf course, plus a driving range.

I don't think there was much else apart from a very small swimming pool downstairs.

The club house burnt down several years ago and has just been left in ruins.

I think people still use the driving range, (it used to be £1.00 for a bucket of balls) if I remember it right.

When did it burn down ?

If it's still there I might nip and get some pics for the site..

Guest coffee cup

It burnt down about 3 or 4 years ago.

The shell of the building is still there, I saw it only two days ago.

Guest lesvegas

It was run into the grund by the owners, by the time it closed it was a shadow of its former self

Guest coffee cup

It must be about 10 or 11 years ago since I was last there. My Hubby used to play Golf there. They used to go up on a Saturday morning, I remember it was very dark looking inside and the deccor was rather drab. We even ventured up one Saturday night, there must only have been a handful of people in , we didn't go back again at night.

Think it was/is owned by the bloke that lives in the house almost next door to it, although I can not be sure.

The remains of the club House have been left for a while now, which suprises me as it was built using Yorkshire stone, thought someone would have been up there by now to "deprive the owner of it". it would make a nice wall. or something similar.

Think one should be very careful when the use the word Insurance !! without facts, what one thinks and what is fact are two very differant things. !!

Guest maxwell

If I remember rightly the club was built by Ted Baker ,a betting shop owner,and there was a long running problem with Bradfield council with regards to planning permission.

Hope I can save you a journey. Heres a pic of the club taken a couple of years ago. Its almost the same now apart from a bit more stone has gone missing.

It must be about 10 or 11 years ago since I was last there. My Hubby used to play Golf there. They used to go up on a Saturday morning, I remember it was very dark looking inside and the deccor was rather drab. We even ventured up one Saturday night, there must only have been a handful of people in , we didn't go back again at night.

Think it was/is owned by the bloke that lives in the house almost next door to it, although I can not be sure.

The remains of the club House have been left for a while now, which suprises me as it was built using Yorkshire stone, thought someone would have been up there by now to "deprive the owner of it". it would make a nice wall. or something similar.

Think one should be very careful when the use the word Insurance !! without facts, what one thinks and what is fact are two very differant things. !!

Coffe Cup - is there a post missing - I don't see anyone using the word 'insurance'. Are you reffering to what I think you are reffering to? i.e. the rumours that went around at the time as to why the place caught fire?

Guest wisewoodowl

I always think it strange when a business goes into decline and then catches fire. There's been a few around there, Loxley Country Club, Pinegrove, Dial House Club; makes you think.

Guest coffee cup

No, apart from all the rubble has been removed, it's just empty. Think people are still using the driving range though.