Searching for Frank Shaw Barker

Guest Helene

Guest Helene

Does anyone have any info on Frank Shaw Barker. What I do know is that he was born around 1881 and his Father Joseph was believed to be a glass blower. Frank was married to Sarah Coupland, late Cartwright, formerly Liversidge and the family lived in Surrey Road, Darnall. After Sarah's death in 1926, Frank re-married Frances Congreve, formerly Franks. Frank Barker was a Coal Miner and lived in or around Darnall from at least 1908 and may have worked at Tinsley Park Colliery, he died in 1948 and is buried in Coventry Road Cemetery. Have tried the Census returns, BMD entries all to no gain. Frank was my Great Grandfather and I'm keen to learn more about him and his parents as my family tree on his line has come to an abrupt halt. Hope someone out there can help, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I dont know if this is of any help but I have a Barker on my Darnall WW1 list

BARKER, Frederick William 21420 King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry 04/10/1915

Son of John and Emma Barker; husband of Catherine Agnes Barker, of 21/4, Franklin St., Sheffield. Lived Darnall

Maybe a brother etc. Just a thought. :)

Guest Helene

I dont know if this is of any help but I have a Barker on my Darnall WW1 list

BARKER, Frederick William 21420 King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry 04/10/1915

Son of John and Emma Barker; husband of Catherine Agnes Barker, of 21/4, Franklin St., Sheffield. Lived Darnall

Maybe a brother etc. Just a thought. :)

Thank you for the info, will look into the links. I know there were a number of Barkers living in the area, so fingers crossed.