Work at Middlewood

Guest ann spring

Guest ann spring

Hi i am new to this site i have found it very intersting and has brought back many memories.

Ii worked at Middllwood as a pre-nursing cadet in 1969. We worked in many different departments and wards. I worked in the path lab even went into the morg to look at my fisrt body.

Later in 1972 i started my pupil nures training, my time spent there was happy. The first ward i started on was ward 13 the charge nurse was Dave Woodcock.

I have a photo of Walter and myself it was good to here that he is keeping well.

Don't know if there is anyone out there who remembers me and would like to catch up or share a few old times

Guest jossman

My brother Bob Swann was nursing at that time along with Jack Sherrat and Big Bob Chiglow. Ring any bells??

Guest paulie

Hi i am new to this site i have found it very intersting and has brought back many memories.

Ii worked at Middllwood as a pre-nursing cadet in 1969. We worked in many different departments and wards. I worked in the path lab even went into the morg to look at my fisrt body.

Later in 1972 i started my pupil nures training, my time spent there was happy. The first ward i started on was ward 13 the charge nurse was Dave Woodcock.

I have a photo of Walter and myself it was good to here that he is keeping well.

Don't know if there is anyone out there who remembers me and would like to catch up or share a few old time

Hi my name is paul wood I worked in the mortuary at middlewood up to the hospital closing as I remember there was a part time lab person working their at that time. Iwas the

mortuary tech It was such an old victorian mortuary the post mortem work we did came mainly from wharcliffe side part of the hospital , It would be great for a chat, I am still in mortuary work. We ought to meet for coffee and a chat. about the old place. My email address is pwood@pwood5.wanadoo.co.uk My mob is 07766877648 dont hear much from people who remember the the old place.

paul.

Guest ann spring

Hi,

just seen your reply to my e-mail good to hear that there are still a few of us around who still remember Middelwood the way it was.Have you come across the old photos before and afterthe big changes.I found them very sad.

Once i left Middelwood i came back to Huddersfield and worked at Storths hall you migth know of heard of it.Well this went the same way it is now a student campus.Yet we are still able to get round the grounds and take the dog for a good walk.As you will gether i no longer live in sheffield, i will try to give you a ring so we can have a good talk my tel no is 01484842597

ann

hi ann remember you well used to work at middlewood most of my life what happy days so sad to see the photo of the old church all neglected i hope you are well and life has been good to you take care sandra

Guest ann spring

hi sandra

good to here that there was someone out there that rembers not just me but also what a realy beautiful building middelwood was,it is sad to see what has happened to places like this .

When i left Sheffield icame back to Huddersfield and worked in an acuite unite from there i went to work in the big psyic hospital called storths hall dont know if you kow it sad to say this is now student campus.We can still go around the grounds When i think of the hours that i have spent looking for missing patients you can still see the trees that are marked in areas

Started late with my family 4 kids in total 1 at 27 wait for it triplets at 23 so as you can seei have had my hands full over the years.I play golf twice a week if the weather is good lol,

I did i work with you at some time and what ward was it ?

I also hope life has been kind and you are well.

Ann

hi sandra

good to here that there was someone out there that rembers not just me but also what a realy beautiful building middelwood was,it is sad to see what has happened to places like this .

When i left Sheffield icame back to Huddersfield and worked in an acuite unite from there i went to work in the big psyic hospital called storths hall dont know if you kow it sad to say this is now student campus.We can still go around the grounds When i think of the hours that i have spent looking for missing patients you can still see the trees that are marked in areas

Started late with my family 4 kids in total 1 at 27 wait for it triplets at 23 so as you can seei have had my hands full over the years.I play golf twice a week if the weather is good ,

I did i work with you at some time and what ward was it ?

I also hope life has been kind and you are well.

Ann

hi ann i think i worked on most wards over the years i started as a student ten staff nurse then a sister for meny years my name was sandra bradwell then i married and it became oxley i remember you around the wards pahaps you might recall the name sandra

Guest ann spring

hi sandra

I rember working with a sandra think it was ward 27 and she was a ward sister the sen was some one called breeze.

hi sandra

I rember working with a sandra think it was ward 27 and she was a ward sister the sen was some one called breeze.

I now live in Middlewod Lodge, which was I think the admin block?

Its now flats (nice ones), mine is part of the original building and has a basement.

I have photos of it now - would post them if I knew how?