Server is busy message.

Guest tsavo

Apparently, one Wednesday fan felt a certain annoyance as well"

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines

So how about a nude protest post?

lol lol lol

Got me there Tsavo,

I thought the Owls fan was going to annoyed because he couldn't get on to owlstalk website as its the same server as us. :(

It turns out that he is quite justifyably annoyed because the Owls have just lost to QPR :angry:

Got me there Tsavo,

I thought the Owls fan was going to annoyed because he couldn't get on to owlstalk website as its the same server as us. :(

It turns out that he is quite justifyably annoyed because the Owls have just lost to QPR :angry:

Those stripes don't look vertical to me he he

Guest tsavo

Yes, they've changed the story since I posted it. It originally said "a fan." Difficult to see exactly who he supported from the photo!

Yes, they've changed the story since I posted it. It originally said "a fan." Difficult to see exactly who he supported from the photo!

Do they employ Labour 'spin doctors' at the Star now? ;-)

Over the last week the site seems to have been running very slow at times.

This has not coincided with any football events so cannot be due to any shared server issues.

The "slowness" has been most noticable when uploading a post.

Obviously having made the effort to type the post in you don't want to lose it or have to start again, particularly if it is a longer or more detailed post but I have noticed the following things happening at times, -

A wait of up to several minutes while the post loads onto the site.

The server "timing out" without loading the post at all but attempting to save your post for reposting later.

If you impatiently repress the add post while waiting this results in the same post being added twice, - it would appear that I am not the only one guilty (or should I say a victim) of this as both my own, Stuart0742 and Waterside Echo seem to have had "repeated posts" this week.

A post apparently being uploaded successfully, - and then not appearing on the site later.

The speed issue does only seem to be affecting uploads, - it is not as noticable for just browsing around the site although some large images are taking longer than usual to download.

I wonder if anyone knows the cause of this and if the situation can be improved.

Over the last week the site seems to have been running very slow at times.

This has not coincided with any football events so cannot be due to any shared server issues.

The "slowness" has been most noticable when uploading a post.

Obviously having made the effort to type the post in you don't want to lose it or have to start again, particularly if it is a longer or more detailed post but I have noticed the following things happening at times, -

A wait of up to several minutes while the post loads onto the site.

The server "timing out" without loading the post at all but attempting to save your post for reposting later.

If you impatiently repress the add post while waiting this results in the same post being added twice, - it would appear that I am not the only one guilty (or should I say a victim) of this as both my own, Stuart0742 and Waterside Echo seem to have had "repeated posts" this week.

A post apparently being uploaded successfully, - and then not appearing on the site later.

The speed issue does only seem to be affecting uploads, - it is not as noticable for just browsing around the site although some large images are taking longer than usual to download.

I wonder if anyone knows the cause of this and if the situation can be improved.

My previous post took 1 minute 14 seconds to upload and displayed the "waiting for sheffieldhistory.co.uk" message in the lower taskbar.

Let's see how long this simple 2 sentence post takes.

My previous post took 1 minute 14 seconds to upload and displayed the "waiting for sheffieldhistory.co.uk" message in the lower taskbar.

Let's see how long this simple 2 sentence post takes.

7 seconds, - thats better.

But now I'm getting that flood control message that stops you from posting replies too fast.

7 seconds, - thats better.

But now I'm getting that flood control message that stops you from posting replies too fast.

Theres a moral there, stop posting fast, put it all in one post lol

Theres a moral there, stop posting fast, put it all in one post lol

There was a time when I was younger that I could do mental arithmetic (in me head) faster than one of those new fangled electronic calculartors. ;-)

Now, despite advancing years it seems I can type in a post faster than the server can respond :o

Hmm... faster than the server, - perhaps I should have taken up tennis lolhe he lol