Server is busy message.

Guest tsavo

Guest tsavo

Can anyone confirm that they are getting the above message around 2.30 in the afternoon?

It may be that our American cousins are just waking up, but I've been unable access the site at this time throughout the week.

Never had that message tsavo, but what I do get is the sheffieldhistory logon screen asking me me to sign in.

When that appears i can't access the main page, not even as a guest?

Guest tsavo

Any other message on screen, they're usually in red. You will get that effect if the "Server Busy" message is on screen. Any particular time this happens?

Do you use the 'favorites' list to log on? These sometimes become corrupted.

Guest tsavo

Just went off again with message, "the server is to busy to handle your request, please try later." 19.45 - 19.55 hrs. Admin please note.

Guest carlie167

Thats the same message I just got, and about the same time too, wonder whats happening? :huh:

I'll take a look

It'll be the server doing stuff at set times that I need to adjust

Guest tsavo

This is what I get, a page, and like yourself It's just happened again. at 1948 hrs

That's the message, Steve. Admin is sorting it.

Thanks tsavo and thanking you Admin.

happened again today . Even on a Sunday. My friends in other cities are also having the same problem during the week.

Guest tsavo

Got to be our sister site again, any excuse to blame a Wednesdayite he helolhe he:rolleyes:

Nope. They were down as well. Should someone be putting a shilling in the meter?

Having a lot of problems with the site in the last couple of days, even had two topics come up in the window/same page!

Any one else on here experiencing problems, or is it just me? :mellow:

ADMIN .. :( Help Please.

Guest carlie167

No Steve, I dont think it can just be you, it happened to me twice last night, anybody know whats happening? :(

I could not get on at all last night thought I had a gremlin

The problem has still not gone away.

I have had trouble with getting the "server is busy" message and being logged out of the site on and off for the last 2 weeks.

It seems particularly bad on Thursday evenings 7 - 9 pm and on Saturday afternoon.

We share a server with Owlestalk (a sort of sister site) and these events are likely to happen when Wednesday fans are at their most (sitewise) active. Admin tweaked the system a few months ago in our favour and the number of these "lockouts" seemed to go down. Will keep an eye on them and see what can be done if they get really annoying.

We share a server with Owlestalk (a sort of sister site) and these events are likely to happen when Wednesday fans are at their most (sitewise) active. Admin tweaked the system a few months ago in our favour and the number of these "lockouts" seemed to go down. Will keep an eye on them and see what can be done if they get really annoying.

That would certainly explain the Saturday afternoon (around 5-6pm, just after the match!)

Not so sure about Thursday though and that has happened twice.

Do they play matches on thursdays? Should our local team be called Sheffield Thursday? lol

You're asking the wrong person. Although I'm geographically a Wednesday supporter, (Sheff 10) I know their nickname is the The Owls and they play in blue and white strip. End of knowledge!

You're asking the wrong person. Although I'm geographically a Wednesday supporter, (Sheff 10) I know their nickname is the The Owls and they play in blue and white strip. End of knowledge!

Likewise Tsavo, sport has never been my strong point or even of that much interest, although geographically (S12) that makes me a united supporter, although I must admit I do like to see BOTH Sheffield teams do well, - something to do with being proud of your home town. Probably why I ended up posting stuff on this site.