Looking for my Grandad

Guest Robert

Guest Robert

I wonder if anyone can help. I am searching for my Mum's parents, Joseph Aistrop and Edith Marjorie ( nee ) Price. They lived on Attercliffe Common. My Mum say's was brought up there. Iv'e heard stories of Joseph Aistrop being involved with the gangs in the 1920s but as a child, he never mentioned anything about it to me.

I vaguely rembember Attercliffe in the 50s and sixties before it was pulled down. I used to stay with my Grand parents at Wincobank for the Summer break. I loved Sheffield and never wanted to go back home.

My Mum had very vivid memories of the war and the air raids. Right up to Death in 1999 she would go pale and silent if she heard any sort of siren, be it on a film or down the road at the ICI works in Huddersfield where she ended up living.

Sorry for the rambling on, I do tend to get off the beaten track.

I would appreciate any help with regard to Attercliffe and the Aistrop family History.

Robert lol

Guest Robert

Do you have any addresses for him ?

(where he used to live I mean)

The only address I have managed to obtain is from his marraige certificate which is Titterton Street Sheffield and his wife Edith Marjorie was Milford Street Sheffield. I know my Mother was brought up at Attercliffe on her say so.

Regards

Robert lol

Guest Robert

The only address I have managed to obtain is from his marraige certificate which is Titterton Street Sheffield and his wife Edith Marjorie was Milford Street Sheffield. I know my Mother was brought up at Attercliffe on her say so.

Regards

Robert lol

My Uncle, who is the youngest son of Joseph Aistrop, are currently planning a day trip to Sheffield to see if we can gather some info first hand from the Library and to enjoy the city for a day. I,m sure there will be vast changes since I was there. Is the Wicker still there? I'm looking forward being there again.

Regards

Robert

Hi, 

i know this is a really old thread but I think there is a possibility that your grandad is my great grandad, I’ve been doing my family tree and the names are the same hopefully you will see this and we can find out :) 

On 19/07/2008 at 14:38, Guest Robert said:

My Uncle, who is the youngest son of Joseph Aistrop, are currently planning a day trip to Sheffield to see if we can gather some info first hand from the Library and to enjoy the city for a day. I,m sure there will be vast changes since I was there. Is the Wicker still there? I'm looking forward being there again.

Regards

Robert

You should find their baptisms on here, under parish records  http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/