Huddersfield Town map for Nazi invasion.

syrup

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-...86081-21335889/

THE Germans are renowned for their organisation – and they were all ready to capture strategic points in Huddersfield if they had invaded Britain in 1940.

Thought any one with links to Huddersfield might like this article.

That's facinating and makes you wonder what other plans they had? I was watching a documentary a while ago that claimed Hitler had a great admiration for the City of Oxford and ordered the Luftwaffe not to bomb the city. It also claimed he intended to make Oxford the Nazi capital of England. Anyone elese come across that?

That's facinating and makes you wonder what other plans they had? I was watching a documentary a while ago that claimed Hitler had a great admiration for the City of Oxford and ordered the Luftwaffe not to bomb the city. It also claimed he intended to make Oxford the Nazi capital of England. Anyone elese come across that?

I guess he must have been an Owls fan then as Hillsborough was not touched wheras as Bramall Lane took a direct hit. lol

Guest tsavo

It would be fascinating to know what the German's had in store for Sheffield, but even more interesting would be to know the government's plans for Sheffield in the event of an invasion?

I guess he must have been an Owls fan then as Hillsborough was not touched wheras as Bramall Lane took a direct hit. lol

Ha! I alsom read a while ago that as a teetotaler he wouldn't drink alcohol but also refused to drink Coca Cola - being a US product. They therefore devloped Oragne Fanta to satisfy his desire for a fizzysoft soft drink and this become his favourite drink - a sobering thought!

Guest Maswfc

lol

Guest bus man

It is a matter of record that hitler demanded that dover castle was not bombed as he intended to dine there when the germans invaded england he woudl then dine in buckingham palace the day after.

It would be fascinating to know what the German's had in store for Sheffield, but even more interesting would be to know the government's plans for Sheffield in the event of an invasion?

Flicked through this book in a bookshop today. No actual plans what they would do with Sheffield but "tips" on the best way to invade and how the hills and valleys would make it difficult!

http://www.bodleianbookshop.co.uk/display....p;m=9&dc=94