What does it take ?

RichardB

The Wife is interested in Wallsend History, she was born here a couple of hundred years ago ....

I've hidden away from the issue but I figure Admin owes me a favour ... he did once ask about setting up a Newcastle.history.co.uk but I said my wife would make me run away from SheffieldHistory if he did .....

Now, a baby version of here, WallsendHistory would be nice <Nudge><Nudge> and Fishface (the Wife) and me are already members of the Wallsend History Society, which is nice, cuz that's where we live .... End of Hadrians Wall anyone ?

There are two areas near us that would benefit from a similar smaller site Handsworth and Darnall. I think the country is full of a lot of people who would like to contribute but when they are asked again then a cant be bothered attitude reigns.

Sue

I know that a number of famous footballers started with playing at "Wallsend Boys Club". The Charlton Brothers, Chris Waddle, Gazza and Peter Beardsley to name a few. A couple of ex pats who I play footie with over here played there too but never made it to the top.