Yorkshire Dialect Verse

SteveHB

Yorkshire Dialect.org

An interesting site that contains verse written by local folk in regional dialect,

You can listen to site founder Kevin Wilde reading many of the poems aloud,

also contains a dictionary of words and also some Yorkshire recipes dating back to the thirties.

Guest JackD

Yorkshire Dialect.org

An interesting site that contains verse written by local folk in regional dialect,

You can listen to site founder Kevin Wilde reading many of the poems aloud,

also contains a dictionary of words and also some Yorkshire recipes dating back to the thirties.

I now live in Cornwall,but shortly we will be moving back to the area.

I once saw a list of sheffieldeese sayings years ago, i wondered if anyone might have a

copy so i can show it to my Cornish friends, before i come home.

If so could it be e-mailed to me.

Thanks. Jack.

<br />I now live in Cornwall,but shortly we will be moving back to the area.<br />I once saw a list of sheffieldeese sayings years ago, i wondered if anyone might have a <br />copy so i can show it to my Cornish friends, before i come home.<br />If so could it be e-mailed to me.<br />Thanks. Jack.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

HI JackD Awl thas gotta sey, is solong yeh setta pye burners ime gooin oem , wear twatter runs under twicker, thes a lot moor muggins an stabbins an murders nardeys than there useter be butthen tha wonts a bitter exitment dunt tha , an al aft pleasher o parkincosts arter this werld, an a cownsil as can get rid ower cash like thes noor tomorrer, and thell let anybody bild gret igh concreat boxes all ought place wiv lotsa glass and wen they get mucky thell pull em darn in year a too an build sum moor, but then it keerps us in job s dun it Something on those lines will certainly stop them following you. Cheers Skeets

I now live in Cornwall,but shortly we will be moving back to the area.

I once saw a list of sheffieldeese sayings years ago, i wondered if anyone might have a

copy so i can show it to my Cornish friends, before i come home.

If so could it be e-mailed to me.

Thanks. Jack.

I'm told there is a book called "Sheffieldish" published be the City of Sheffield Publicity Dept, if that is any help.