Monsal Head

Guest carlie167

Guest carlie167

Not strictly Sheffield I know, but we have just had a lovely day walking at Monsal Dale. It was sunny and warm and it was nice to see a few people enjoying it all.

We took a few pics so here are a couple, one of the River Wye, and one of the Monsal Viaduct, which must be one of the best views in the country.

To stand at Monsal Head and look down into the valley just makes you realise what beautiful scenery we have on our doorstep.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the pics. :)

Nice photograps thanks, are you having photo resolution/size problems? or have i just stuck my big foot in it.

:mellow:

Guest carlie167

Nice photograps thanks, are you having photo resolution/size problems? or have i just stuck my big foot in it.

:mellow:

How did you do that?? I takes me ages to work out how to upload pictures and theyre either too big and wont work or too small.

What am I doing (or not) :( Thanks by the way, it looks better.

How did you do that?? I takes me ages to work out how to upload pictures and theyre either too big and wont work or too small.

What am I doing (or not) :( Thanks by the way, it looks better.

I did it useing 'photoshop' but if you don't have 'photoshop'

it would be helpful to know what photo editing software you are useing?

Guest carlie167

I did it useing 'photoshop' but if you don't have 'photoshop'

it would be helpful to know what photo editing software you are useing?

Sorry its all a bit double dutch to me <_< all I do is reduce the pixels using Picassa and hope for the best!!! Any help is appreciated. Apologies for straying off topic a bit.

Im going to try another, here goes....................

If you're running windows xp or vista download 'IrfanView' it's free .. a link here

^ you can change the photo size by useing the screen resolutoin, ie: 800x600, or 1024x768 or even make the photo smaller

Then under 'File' 'Save as' 'jpeg' and rename the file

All the above were done with IrfanView.

Guest carlie167

Thanks very much for your help, I think its a bit clearer now. I will try downloading Irfanview and have a little play. Cheers Steve.

You are welcome, glad to be of help.

Now back to Monsal Dale, I came across this site Old UK Photos.com it has a few rather quaint photos/prints?

Some of Monsal Dale.

I like them but have a strange feeling that there not that old, it's amazing what can be done with a bit of photo manipulation is it not. lol

Guest codeyes

Used to go there in the late 50's for picnics on a sunday.................days when it was safe to go in the rivers....................it was lovely then as well........used to have to walk through a cow field to get to the river.....a lot of cow pat dodging

<br />Tremendous, love it. Thank you !<br />
<br /><br /><br />

the Norton Lodge photo looks very much like the gatehouse at Graves Park entrance at Hemsworth rd, Skeets,