Sheffield History

Fitzalan Square

tozzin
32 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

103507539_2814110078699026_7483535644312188724_o.jpg

Has Fitzalan Square ever looked as fine as it down right now?

Surely this is  the best it's ever looked?

it does look good but not being around when the square was first created I can’t really compare, i do think it’s a mistake leaving the kiosk that just sells vape refills and other rubbish, that should have been demolished, there’s no balance with it still being there, I just hope the powers that be can keep the alcoholics, druggies and the skate-boarders away.

RichK
On 08/06/2020 at 11:18, tozzin said:

it does look good but not being around when the square was first created I can’t really compare, i do think it’s a mistake leaving the kiosk that just sells vape refills and other rubbish, that should have been demolished, there’s no balance with it still being there, I just hope the powers that be can keep the alcoholics, druggies and the skate-boarders away.

I was just going to post the same - what possible reason can they have for leaving that trashy vape shop in place? I can't believe they would willingly leave it there, is there some sort of long lease on it they can't get out of? It's like making an extravagent wedding cake and crowning it with a small dog turd.

tozzin
32 minutes ago, RichK said:

I was just going to post the same - what possible reason can they have for leaving that trashy vape shop in place? I can't believe they would willingly leave it there, is there some sort of long lease on it they can't get out of? It's like making an extravagent wedding cake and crowning it with a small dog turd.

My sentiments entirely.

Stu_1981
On 08/06/2020 at 11:00, Sheffield History said:

103507539_2814110078699026_7483535644312188724_o.jpg

Has Fitzalan Square ever looked as fine as it down right now?

Surely this is  the best it's ever looked?

I haven't been down there for ages and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's a big improvement! Is the red brick building (centre) the original Bell Hotel building?