Stanley Tools Factory Sheffield

Guest shogunblue24

Guest shogunblue24

Hi, first time posting on this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the correct place.

I'm interested to find out more about the Stanley Tools building (Woodside Lane, Sheffield, S3 9PD). So far all I have managed to discover is that the Stanley company has been in Sheffield since 1937 and the building was closed when Stanley consolidated three sites to one to Hellaby. The building is currently being used as a airsoft skirmish site (like paintball without the paint).

I'd like to know as much as possible about the building, including anything of interest that may have happened on the site. I'd also be interested to know what was on the site before the building.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Tom

Guest tsavo

Cool piccy. Definitely gives you an idea of the area at the time.

Unless my memory of the building is wrong, I think this may be the old Stanley place. This is taken from the Woodside end.

Guest shogunblue24

Not sure if that's it, but I've only been there once. I'm playing there again in the next few weeks so I will be able to confirm. More of the building will be open to us then, so I'll be able to have a look around and get a better idea of bearings.

Guest shogunblue24

Unless my memory of the building is wrong, I think this may be the old Stanley place. This is taken from the Woodside end.

Yeah, that's the place. :)