Black Five (Steam Loco) through Sheffield (& Barnsley ) 29th June 08

Guest bus man

Guest bus man

SUNDAY29th June 2008

Steam Excursion Stockport – Sheffield – Barnsley – Wakefield K- Keighley

Worth Valley Anniversary Express

LMS Black 5 45407 Lancashire Fusilier

PLEASE NOTE: This tour is on SUNDAY 29TH June i had sundays date but the day was saturday it is on sunday

Stockport 831 2157

Edale 907 2125

Hathersage 920-1 2111-12

Totley Tun East 932 2100

Heeley UPL ???? 2025 - 2050 water

Sheffield Mid 940 – 1015 W 2014 -16

Meadowhall 1023-5 2004-6

Barnsley 1050 1939

Horbury Jn 1105 1913

Shipley 1155 1827

Keighley 1207 1815

NOTES

The stop at hathersage is to drop one passanger off

Water is taken at Sheffield mid on north bound and helley loop south bound the loop is situated at the bottom of woodseats road

Train goes through Barnsley was routed through Rotherham but changed by network rail etc

While at Keighley loco and stock are used on mainline shuttles to hellifled

All times are given in good faith remember steam tours can run late, run early can be cancelled

For up to date times :

Further details :

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t08/t0629a.htm

Guest bus man

Just to confirm that this should still go ahead despite the problems with the gala at keighley today.

(A class 47 derailed at oxenhope yard causing the shuttles to be cancelled )

Guest bus man

After the above posting it got worse, they decided to run the oxenhope - ribble head evening shuttle with the southern loco unfortunatley this got only as far as skipton - justg south of - when it failed and was dragged back by a class 37.

The KWVR - Hellifield and Settle junction on the sunday was diesel hauled by a 37 but it only ran KWVR - Hellifield.

I went on the sunday went on the 37 to hellifield had lunch and was then starting to work through the locos on offer when I was called back to Sheffield at around 2pm therefore I didnt get many photos.

The KWVR - Stockport was running early till it got to meadowhall where it was held it then left helley loop around 50 min late slipping badly .

One feels very sorry for the KWVR who would have worked very very hard to see it all goi down the drain

The loco is seen leaving helley loop at the bottom of woodseats road last night it was slipping

Guest gareth388

Have to agree - Very Good shot indeed Busman!

I saw it in Sheffield station at around 10am, when I was driving out of Harmer Lane with the Sheffield Regent V!

Guest bus man

After taking the above shot I couldnt resist taking this shot

this , I beleive - could someone confirm - are the steps down to millhouses shed .

How many of you have come back up those steps with a thick ear after been caught by the shed foreman

Guest bus man

Sorry that there are two copies of the same photo on the above I cant work out why - sorry