Ladys Bridge tram lines

knightstemplar

Guest bus man

I may be wrong but there not the same points the points on the today photo are from bridge st - tenter st depot the points in the old photo are to nursery street - however a very nice photo of a roberts car on ladys bridge thank you

I think you're right...those points are a little further down, on the old image.

It looks like the Roberts car is passing the points that would allow it to turn on to Nursery St (Rd?)

The old Tram lines of Sheffield are the reason I'm so interested in the history of the City.

Not long after I moved here I was going to Firth Park one Day while the council was repairing the junction of Stubbin Lane. As I went passed the road works I saw the old lines still intact.

As a piece of engineering it was a huge and amazing task to lay as much steel and as well as they did , with the tools they had.

I love the fact that there is a little bit of history hidden, which we can see on old photos and still see today when they are working on the roads.

When passing road works I always have a look to see if there is a little bit of track...I'd love to get a little bit..just a foot or so!

I wonder if they are taking the tracks out, they took a lot of the Wicker ones out.

The road is Bridge St., it is strange to see two way traffic on Nursery St., I would be afraid to go up incase someone forgot its two way its been a one way for years.

Guest bus man

Tracks are only taken out if they need to , ie they need access below the track level as it is expensive to get them out .

Tracks are only taken out if they need to , ie they need access below the track level as it is expensive to get them out .

Let's face it, they're all that's holding some Sheffield streets together!