Humour

Guest JackD

Unfortunate way to end up as a preview to a web page :

books.google.co.uk/books?id=bNVQAAAAYAAJ
Sholto Percy - 1847 - ‎Read - ‎More editions
It has heen used with success for depriving night soil of its offensive effluvia, and is usiful in hospitals, as a means of neutralising the odour of ... William Vickers, of Sheffield, Steel- manufacturer.

The Highways Agency found over 200 dead crows on the M1 near Tinsley recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the ...bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with lorrys, while only 2% were killed by cars.

The Agency then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Lorry".

I was recently told that eating mouldy bread can be very harmful. From severe stomach upset to, in some cases, even death.

What have I done to all those poor ducks ?

I've just been barred from my local B&Q

Some bloke wearing an orange apron came over and asked if I wanted decking,
fortunately I got first punch in.....

1 hour ago, SteveHB said:

I've just been barred from my local B&Q

Some bloke wearing an orange apron came over and asked if I wanted decking,
fortunately I got first punch in.....

he he First laugh this year, thank you.