Sheffield Schools

Guest shezza91

Guest shezza91

What about a Sheffield Schools section where people can discuss their school memories, post photos and gossip about old teachers.

Could prove to be very interesting, some people could get in touch with old friends through it also.

Guest shezza91

Whoops missed that.

Maybe a section dedicated to the subject would be easier to find.

Thanks anyway Steve.

Whoops missed that.

Maybe a section dedicated to the subject would be easier to find.

Thanks anyway Steve.

Thanks shezza91, you have just jogged my memory as ... I never did enter my school details in that thread.

Guest ginney

Did anyone go to Woodthorpe or Stradbroke about 25 years ago. A member of my mum's group she attends has told her he used to be a head teacher at these schools. His name was Eric Mitchell. We don't know if he is telling her the truth or

porky pies.

What about a Sheffield Schools section where people can discuss their school memories, post photos and gossip about old teachers.

Could prove to be very interesting, some people could get in touch with old friends through it also.

I think a Skool thread is a great idea, even though there is a bit there already - may encourage further memories/postings.

Guest plain talker

I think a Skool thread is a great idea, even though there is a bit there already - may encourage further memories/postings.

hmmm,

*thinks*

surely a "skoyl" or "scosh" thread would be more appropriate? ;)

Skoyl for me !

On the school theme, what about a thread of members school photos, bet we all have some scary photos somewhere.

On the school theme, what about a thread of members school photos, bet we all have some scary photos somewhere.

As Stuart0742 went to school together and had a big involvement with photography he knows very well that I am likely to pull something out of archive.

As for our school days, Norfolk school, Wybourn school, Hurlfield, Central Technical school (later Ashleigh) and my wifes old school Waltheof, - funny isn't it how none of these schools actually exist any more. Perhaps a better place for them on this site would be in Sheffield places - now gone

Note that we have now made a start on this.

Stuart0742 has temporarily pinned what we hope will become a Sheffield Schools List and we are currently collecting information for this.

I have started a Norfolk School Arbourthorne thread in Sheffield Places, Now Gone. I have noticed similar threads being started by old ex students for other schools and we are encouraging members who went to schools which don't yet have their own thread to start one.

What about an A-Z of all Sheffield Schools ever; with emphasis on History; as distinct from School Memories, date opened, date closed, pictures of buildings long gone, Heads/Teachers - as per Pubs, Cinemas etc etc.

What about an A-Z of all Sheffield Schools ever; with emphasis on History; as distinct from School Memories, date opened, date closed, pictures of buildings long gone, Heads/Teachers - as per Pubs, Cinemas etc etc.

We have been thinking about this for a while, but not as easy to research as you would imagine given all those changes in the Education system over the years, - but give us time and we'll get there!

I used to go to Gleadless  Valley Secondary School on Matthews Lane, I wanted to show my kids the school one year I was visiting my mom in the UK and it had gone and replaced with homes, I have never found anyone I went to school with would like to reconnect if at all possible.

On 05/03/2017 at 21:54, Josie Powell said:

I used to go to Gleadless  Valley Secondary School on Matthews Lane, I wanted to show my kids the school one year I was visiting my mom in the UK and it had gone and replaced with homes, I have never found anyone I went to school with would like to reconnect if at all possible.

I went Gleadless Valley 1966 to 1970 Mr Hughes Headmaster, Mr Cooper deputy head or "spot" as he was known, spent time outside their office warming my hands on the pipes ready for a caning.