Sheffield Drains

Guest Derwent

Guest Derwent

lol Does anyone know of any drains in Sheffield worth exploring, anyone else interested in drain exploration & caving. lol

lol Does anyone know of any drains in Sheffield worth exploring, anyone else interested in drain exploration & caving. lol

Don't know if you have visited the 'Silent UK' Site but ther's some interesting stuff on there, including some shots taken in an underground section of The River Sheaf.

Dont knock it RichardB, the silent uk site is an excellent site for people interested in caving or photography, the lighting is fantastic, very atmospheric. (Yes I know they are drains)

Dont tell anyone but Im interested in caving also in any secret tunnels anyone knows about.

Sue

Guest Derwent

Just been on Silent_U.K Site, have bookmarked it for later. Thanks for the info. Stay lucky, regards Derwent.

Guest Derwent

Hello i'm going to Sheffield sometime this week. I'll let you know if i find anything of interest. Stay lucky regards Derwent.

Guest codders

Been Down a few drains and culverts at one time or another, Bagley Brook, Kirkbridge Dike to name a couple there are quite a few in the Sheffield area, lots can be got into as they enter the rivers or by manhole built on them, the legal bit is a bit dodgey though as they often belong to the person whose land they run through or to some authority or other. Can give you some ideas of where to look but its up to you if you decide to go have a look see!!!!!.....I've not got insurance if you sue me for a broken leg!

Guest tsavo

As a claustrophobic the very thought makes me go weak at the knees, but I would strongly advise that permission be obtained and basic safety provisions made.

Aye, what Tsavo said, as a "Portly built Gentleman" (description of me circa 1985) I'd advise full permissions, all the safety gear and the blessings of all and sundry. Unless it's like the Paris Sewers, a positive delight and an unlikely tourist attraction - just by Pont Neuf on the North Side of the River.

Guest codders

Ah well there are very few sewers you'll get in in Sheffield apart from being illegal to enter, you need special equipment and lots of it!

The "Drains" you might be able to get it in are the old watercourses that have been covered over as the city grew, again you will need the permisson of whoever the thing belongs too and saftey equipment but none of them, apart from the covered sections of the river, are big enough for a boat like the paris sewers. experienced splunkers only need apply!!!!!!