65th Anniversary Memorial flypast

knightstemplar

Rumour has it there will be a 65th anniversary memorial flypast at Derwent dams on the 16th May 10am till 11 including a Lancaster, Spitfire, Hurricane, Dakota and 2 Tornados.

Anyone heard anything???

Sue

I know Im answering my own thread but look at this

The Star info

Rumour has it there will be a 65th anniversary memorial flypast at Derwent dams on the 16th May 10am till 11 including a Lancaster, Spitfire, Hurricane, Dakota and 2 Tornados.

Anyone heard anything???

Sue

I know Im answering my own thread but look at this

The Star info

Yu can apply for tickets here :

http://www.bbmf.co.uk/news.html

Im the lucky one on hols that week. Just debating wether to take the scoots or go by public transport. Wouldn't even attempt it by car. I asume there will be very limited parking.

Im the lucky one on hols that week. Just debating wether to take the scoots or go by public transport. Wouldn't even attempt it by car. I asume there will be very limited parking.

Hi Sue Arnt you the lucky one, sounds like the scooter will be the best bet you can get where cars and public transport

cant get, Don't forget your camera

Just looking at the alternatives. Train to Bamford and walk up the valley. Bus to either Bamford/Hope or Derwent dams.

Best view I ever had was seeing the bomber pass very close on the surprise. We were walking on the edge at the top of the surprise when it passed over our heads on it way to Chatsworth. Scary. :o

Guest tsavo

I have video of the last flypast (1993?) somewhere....with my luck it will be back in the UK. Will try and find it.

Guest tsavo

Watched the flypast on Satellite and must admit to the old 'lump in the throat' syndrome. How could anyone, not watch the old Lancaster flying, without feeling mooved?

My camera died on me but had the cine so it was alright. The Dakota did two flypasts so plenty of viewing. Did anyone else take any photos as I cant find my firewire to show you.

The gentleman who stood at the side of me on the hill took these. derek slaters photos pretty impressive given the hazy conditions.