Almost a year ago

RichardB

Almost a year ago I was keeping up with Sheffield United and their final game of the season, cheering them on, alas to no avail. I'm no United fan, certainly not.

Without inviting a torrent of abuse, is it our turn do you think ?

I was at Headingly that day to watch the cricket. Standing in the club house surrounded by Glum Leeds fans who had already been relegated. Wathed the Blades go down on the telly as an Owl it was a great day. Oh well I guess what goes around comes around.

Almost a year ago I was keeping up with Sheffield United and their final game of the season, cheering them on, alas to no avail. I'm no United fan, certainly not.

Without inviting a torrent of abuse, is it our turn do you think ?

I am not hopeful and imagine it will go the last match with Norwich. We've been here before - 1st owls match I went to in 1973/4 was the last match of the season when we had to beat Bolton to stay in the 2nd Divsion ( which we did with a goal by Ken Knighton) - then a couple of years later we had to beat Southend to stay in the 3rd Dividion (which we did 2-0). This bunch don't seem to have the pride of the passion?

I am not hopeful and imagine it will go the last match with Norwich. We've been here before - 1st owls match I went to in 1973/4 was the last match of the season when we had to beat Bolton to stay in the 2nd Divsion ( which we did with a goal by Ken Knighton) - then a couple of years later we had to beat Southend to stay in the 3rd Dividion (which we did 2-0). This bunch don't seem to have the pride of the passion?

I was "the boy" that was in the lower part of the old stand to get the ball in 1973/74 .... Ken Knighton would have had to climb in their himself, I did a lot of reserve team slaving, and was asked to keep an eye-out on that day - free admission too ...

I was at Headingly that day to watch the cricket. Standing in the club house surrounded by Glum Leeds fans who had already been relegated. Wathed the Blades go down on the telly as an Owl it was a great day. Oh well I guess what goes around comes around.

Must be getting old, or something, I cried for United that day (check the postings), must be a Sheffield affinity I guess.

I fear our luck may have run out this time.....but we live in hope :unsure:

You live in Castleton--- Beyond Hope.

Well they obviously did well today but this is the only year i havent felt confident :(

Hey Leicester 1 booking - Sheffield Wednesday 5 bookings (including 2 for unsportsmanlike behaviour) and escaping a points deduction for fielding 73 loan players in one game; sounds like our luck is in; now all we need is to be bought out by a bunch of stoopid-people with more money than sense ...

You live in Castleton--- Beyond Hope.

wehay ! ..and we even finished beyond blackpool ...amazing lol lol lol :blink: