Change in thread listings

knightstemplar

Is it just me or is the way the threads are now listed ok with you. <_<

It is really annoying to me, sorry if it was your idea but it is really irritating me. :( I thought it was great before. You scrolled through each page to the section you needed to read, now you have to click on each new post and I keep missing postings.

Anyone else feel the same? :unsure:

Guest tsavo

I'm sorry Knightstemplar, you've lost me. I can't say I've been aware of any change in the listings. Can you take this poor old brain through the problem? Ta!, Laurence

Sorry Lawrence got side tracked.

The problem is that when you clicked on the thread it used to list one after the other in the order that they were posted. Now it shows the first post and then list the others in a section below named Posts in this topic and to see those you have to click on each one separately. Do you see what I mean.

Sue

Guest tsavo

OK Sue, may have found what you mean. Posts normally follow each other in full but it is possible to compress all but the first post into single line entries. To change this setting select "options" on the top right of the first post and change the setting to standard or outline as required. I hope this solves the problem but as my moderator board is slighjtly different to yours I can't be 100% sure.

Try and let me know, good luck. Laurence

OK Sue, may have found what you mean. Posts normally follow each other in full but it is possible to compress all but the first post into single line entries. To change this setting select "options" on the top right of the first post and change the setting to standard or outline as required. I hope this solves the problem but as my moderator board is slighjtly different to yours I can't be 100% sure.

Try and let me know, good luck. Laurence

Excellento. Sorted. Your a star. ;-) I must have had it set wrong. :rolleyes: Twas driving me mad. :blink: Well a bit more mad than usual. lolhe he lol

Guest tsavo

Obrigado, Sue, glad it worked. I'm still finding out how the system works myself, but nice to know I get it right sometimes.

Is it just me or is the way the threads are now listed ok with you. <_<

It is really annoying to me, sorry if it was your idea but it is really irritating me. :( I thought it was great before. You scrolled through each page to the section you needed to read, now you have to click on each new post and I keep missing postings.

Anyone else feel the same? :unsure:

Sue you are a star i thought is was me..

Were both sorted now any one else having problems read this

"Posts normally follow each other in full but it is possible to compress all but the first post into single line entries. To change this setting select "options" on the top right of the first post and change the setting to standard or outline as required. I hope this solves the problem."

Thanks Sue :)

Guest tsavo

I've had it happen occasionally, but it's always corrected itself eventually. Didn't even know how to change the settings untill Knightstemplar asked for an answer.

Strange..

There's no way for me to alter the acutal settings of the site so it must be done individually..

Hmmm...

Guest tsavo

As it only takes a second to change the settings, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe a note in the introduction / help files section would be usefull for when this thread is burried among thousands of others?

Guest tsavo

Sods Law strikes again, it just flipped from standard view while viewing the "Which would you save," thread. But as I said, it only takes five seconds to change it back again.