Help !

Guest paulie

Guest paulie

IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE WHO REMEMBERS THE GOOD OLD DAYS UP AT PARKWOODSPRINGS NEEPSEND . I LIVED AT THE BOTTEM OF WALLACE ROAD OPPOSITE THE METHODIST CHURCH. i AM NOW 50 YEARS OLD, THEN WENT TO OLD HILLFOOT SCHOOL DOWWN ON FARFIELD. SPENT MY YOUNGER DAYS PLAYING ON THE HILL ,WHAT IS NOW THE SKI VILLAGE

Guest skeets
IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE WHO REMEMBERS THE GOOD OLD DAYS UP AT PARKWOODSPRINGS NEEPSEND . I LIVED AT THE BOTTEM OF WALLACE ROAD OPPOSITE THE METHODIST CHURCH. i AM NOW 50 YEARS OLD, THEN WENT TO OLD HILLFOOT SCHOOL DOWWN ON FARFIELD. SPENT MY YOUNGER DAYS PLAYING ON THE HILL ,WHAT IS NOW THE SKI VILLAGE
HI Paulie Do youremember Trevor Smith Skeets

HI Paulie Do youremember Trevor Smith Skeets

I lived in Vale Road PWS and remember going to the Methodist Church on the first day it opened. Before then we went to the old Chapel near the top of Douglas Road. It later became a TV repair shop. What the City Fathers did to that comunity was unforgivable. PWS 1947/68.

I lived in Vale Road PWS and remember going to the Methodist Church on the first day it opened. Before then we went to the old Chapel near the top of Douglas Road. It later became a TV repair shop. What the City Fathers did to that comunity was unforgivable. PWS 1947/68.

Can you shed any light on this,

Can you shed any light on this,

I can remember 3 pubs in PWS, the Reindeer, the Parkwood and the Douglas. The Reindeer closed down first [i think]. As most of the steel workers and railway men grew chrysanthemums in their spare time I reckon this could be a ticket to one of their annual shows. PWS 1947/68.

I can remember 3 pubs in PWS, the Reindeer, the Parkwood and the Douglas. The Reindeer closed down first [i think]. As most of the steel workers and railway men grew chrysanthemums in their spare time I reckon this could be a ticket to one of their annual shows. PWS 1947/68.

Sheffield Show was held from Wednesdey to Saturday then. match the dates to the days and you have got the year.

Sheffield Show was held from Wednesdey to Saturday then. match the dates to the days and you have got the year.

The ticket came from Ron Carrigan, can't remember there being a marquee up the Springs so maybe you are right with the Sheffield Show.

The ticket came from Ron Carrigan, can't remember there being a marquee up the Springs so maybe you are right with the Sheffield Show.

Just found out that in the 60`s the show was a 3 day event, Thurs to Sat. 1965 matches these dates so was the Parkwood Hotel still open then?

Just found out that in the 60`s the show was a 3 day event, Thurs to Sat. 1965 matches these dates so was the Parkwood Hotel still open then?

The Parkwood was still open till the 70's then I think it turned into a club for Sunblest before demolition.

Think a lot of the dealings with the allotments would have been at the Douglas.

<br />I can remember 3 pubs in PWS, the Reindeer, the Parkwood and the Douglas. The Reindeer closed down first [i think]. As most of the steel workers and railway men grew chrysanthemums in their spare time I reckon this could be a ticket to one of their annual shows. PWS 1947/68.<br />
<br /><br /><br />Trevor Smith kept the Parkwood Skeets