Hi to all

Guest normanmarina

Guest normanmarina

Hi all,new to this site,was born and bred in Sheffield grew up in lodge moor and loved every second of it,attended hallam primary 66-68 then tapton secondary 68-73,worked as apprentice joiner with bradbury construction at sharrow road 73-75 then left sheffield for kirkham in lancashire,finished my apprenticeship with a firm in fleetwood,have been in kirkham ever since,my parents had two garages in hillsborough,owlerton green garage and carmyles,also my mum had lodge moor cafe 71-74,would love to hear from anyone who's memory may be jogged by these facts,regards to all Colin.

I remember the garages but only in passing. Anyway, welcome to the Forum, it's a friendly place but highly addictive! Look forward to seeing your posts.

Bayleaf

Hi all,new to this site,was born and bred in Sheffield grew up in lodge moor and loved every second of it,attended hallam primary 66-68 then tapton secondary 68-73,worked as apprentice joiner with bradbury construction at sharrow road 73-75 then left sheffield for kirkham in lancashire,finished my apprenticeship with a firm in fleetwood,have been in kirkham ever since,my parents had two garages in hillsborough,owlerton green garage and carmyles,also my mum had lodge moor cafe 71-74,would love to hear from anyone who's memory may be jogged by these facts,regards to all Colin.

used to go to Owlerton garage many times usually for parts, the place was a real rabbit warren, was the Lodge Moor Cafe in the building directly opposite the hospital gates? If so I remember it well, I used to keep my horse in the field near the bus terminus and would call in for drinks etc. Welcome to the site it's educational and fun!

Guest skeets

HI NORMANMARINA Did you know Bill Holingsworth he was forman when l was there, at Brads; a yr or two before your time, l got on well with him ,George the boss was ok ,if you stood up to him',' l think his bark was worse than his bite Cheers Skeets