THE PHEASANT

Sheffield History

THE PHEASANT

Sheffield Lane Top

INFORMATION

Do you have any memories of the Pheasant ?

I saw a band called 'Stoned Again' (I think) which was a Rolling Stones band there - they were fantastic !

Hi all, my first post on here...

used to go and watch frank white at the pheasant , prob in the early to mid 90s , wonder

what he's doing now .. He was an excellent rhythm & blues giutarist….

And singer of course..

Hi Tobybongo !

Welcome to the site mate - hope you enjoy it

Frank White's played a few times up there - I'm sure he's still going although I know for a fact that a few of his fans come on the site so I'll let them give a more expert answer !

Back in the early eighties Brian Cavell used to play gigs here regular, he was called The Shaggy Dog Disco. And yes it is the the same Cavell that you are thinking of.

Not that long after he started 'DJ'ing at the Blue Ball in town, and the rest as they say is history.

If you know Brian - get him onto the site to post his memories as he's one person that has more than most - from the Blue Ball to Cavell's to his staff going down to Cairos to watch Neil DJ'ing

lol

Not sure how long the Pheasant has been around but there is not much else around in these pictures.

Assuming this is the same place; anyone remember Tom Brant from early 1970's ?

Harry Swinden, 1828 ....

If you know Brian - get him onto the site to post his memories as he's one person that has more than most - from the Blue Ball to Cavell's to his staff going down to Cairos to watch Neil DJ'ing

lol

I havn't seen Brian for years, I bet we wouldn,t recognise each other now. Water and under bridge comes to mind. I DJ'ed at the Parsons Cross Hotel for about ten years myself, I am suprised nobody has mentioned 'The Cross'( which is due to be pulled down apparently in the near future) The Magnet which has already gone. I know they were and are rough and ready, but they had their moments years ago.

Think we need to get some photo's of the Cross onto the site if it's going - and start a new thread on it ready for it's trip into Sheffield's history !

Guest Charlie Wag

Never went in at night but on Sundays after we had finnished playing Football in Longley Park around 1976 ish .

That Magnet bitter were a bit strong .

I havn't seen Brian for years, I bet we wouldn,t recognise each other now. Water and under bridge comes to mind. I DJ'ed at the Parsons Cross Hotel for about ten years myself, I am suprised nobody has mentioned 'The Cross'( which is due to be pulled down apparently in the near future) The Magnet which has already gone. I know they were and are rough and ready, but they had their moments years ago.

My wife lived on "The Cross" before we were married so had a few Whitbread Trophies in the old PCH. To say it was rough and ready is a bit of an understament lol

My wife lived on "The Cross" before we were married so had a few Whitbread Trophies in the old PCH. To say it was rough and ready is a bit of an understament lol

OK, so they were/are dives, but they were brimming with characters you don't see today, when I was a kid my mother worked at the PCH. When me and my old pot and pan went round to fetch her on a Saturday night all the regulars were fightin' in heap in the car park outside, on Sunday night they were all best mates. Not like today they want jump, bottle stamp, knife, shoot, mob handed while you lay unconcious. Even the expensive beers rubbish.