Club meet up

knightstemplar

We need a few more people before we set a date and organise anything. Its all a bit on the quiet side out there, where is everyone. :unsure:

listing from the last meeting

GrinderBloke

deejayone

ADMIN (and his T shirts)

phil06

The General

Sandroulla

knightstemplar

mickjj

Hjdary

tsavo (in spirit, in T shirt, if not in person)

syrup

from memory I think we all turned up last time. Trying for Saturday 3rd the closest to May Bank Hols depending wether they do a visit that day. I also fancy the other option of a walk down Rivelin maybe later in the year. What about you lot :)

We need a few more people before we set a date and organise anything. Its all a bit on the quiet side out there, where is everyone. :unsure:

listing from the last meeting

GrinderBloke

deejayone

ADMIN (and his T shirts)

phil06

The General

Sandroulla

knightstemplar

mickjj

Hjdary

tsavo (in spirit, in T shirt, if not in person)

syrup

from memory I think we all turned up last time. Trying for Saturday 3rd the closest to May Bank Hols depending wether they do a visit that day. I also fancy the other option of a walk down Rivelin maybe later in the year. What about you lot :)

Hi knightstemplar Looks good to me on that date you can count me in.

So far we have

knightstemplar

Hjdary

POPPYCHRISTINA

deansgirl/Dean

Syrup

ADMIN if he's back

we still need a few more though. :unsure:

Guest Trefcon

Hi Hugh,

if you walk past the college on your right, where the road bends to the left there is an electric sub station?, right on the bend there is a footpath heading past the rear of the college, hundred yards down the path there is the bridge. After you have gone over the bridge turn left, straight on to Wards End.

Dean.

Come on chaps....we need four or five names now for a cracking day out.

We're contacting the Brewery this weekend so times running out.

I can offer a lift to up to three people if needed...(I'm coming in from the south of Sheffield by the way)

And the date is, up to now the 3rd of May.

Come on....dont be shy, we're a nice bunch...even Admin aint too scary!!!

You know you want to!!

We haven't really got enough people for a guided visit unless we get a few more interested.

So has anyone got any more suggestions for a meeting? :unsure:

Sue :(

We haven't really got enough people for a guided visit unless we get a few more interested.

So has anyone got any more suggestions for a meeting? :unsure:

Sue :(

Howzabout "the secret museum " off Ecclesall Road,on to the Botanical Gardens,then down to Fagins, past the Hendo,s factory.

and Jessops Hospital.Quite a lot of history there. The museum is only open on certain weekends. Ive never been there so I will be going there this year anyway.

Howzabout "the secret museum " off Ecclesall Road,on to the Botanical Gardens,then down to Fagins, past the Hendo,s factory.

and Jessops Hospital.Quite a lot of history there. The museum is only open on certain weekends. Ive never been there so I will be going there this year anyway.

The Traditional Heritage museum

I thought about that, it is the last Saturday of each month. It was on the front of Sheffield Telegraph this week.

"Open days are held regularly at the Museum on the last Saturday of each month, except December, and on Bank Holiday Mondays in the spring and autumn, from 10.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Courses, conferences, dayschools, workshops, and exhibitions on a wide variety of subjects are held throughout the year and are open to the public. The gallery/function room, seating 50, is available for hire for educational, heritage, social, and other events, by arrangement. There is also a voluntary work experience programme for trainees in the heritage sector and for others interested in all aspects of museum work and in related fields.The Museum is well served by public transport: it is on the 81, 81a, 82, 83, 85, 86, 87 and 88 bus routes from the city centre to Ecclesall and the west. There is a small car park at the rear of the building, and limited parking space is usually available in the Botanical Gardens nearby. In order to maintain its collections and services to the community the Museum is obliged to make a small charge for admission to its various open days, and for visiting groups. Current charges are as follows:

Open days: £1.50; concessions £1.00; family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) £4.00.

Group visits: £2.00 per person, minimum charge £30.00 (15 people)

School visits: £1.50 per child; £2.00 per child (including washday).

Accompanying adults: free."

more info

Traditional Heritage museum

UPDATE...

Spoke to the Brewery people today and its looks like the Saturday the third is no good.

It seems that the like to run the trips on a evening and the minimum number is ten...fewer can go but then the price per person rises.

The trips are ran by the Brewer's them selves in their own time...hence no weekends. Friday nights are the most popular.

I explained that we were hoping to go out on the weekend and the lady said she would speak to a Brewer....they took my details today and said they would ring back but up to now I've had no call.

Time for plan B.....

I give up, people are just not that interested this time. I think we are going through a quiet patch.

If we cant get together enough for the Brewery visit I suggest we go ahead with the visit to Traditional Heritage museum last Sat in the month then we will have a walk down Rivelin in the summer.

Sue

I give up, people are just not that interested this time. I think we are going through a quiet patch.

If we cant get together enough for the Brewery visit I suggest we go ahead with the visit to Traditional Heritage museum last Sat in the month then we will have a walk down Rivelin in the summer.

Sue

Anything suits me Sue i will go with the flow..

Sue

Whatever is organised , I will be there. I am one of those people who will even attend the opening of a letter.

Just need to clarify if it is the first or last Saturday of the month, will email him, await reply

Hi all had an email to confirm opening times.

The Traditional Heritage Museum opening days the last Saturday of each month (except December), and on Bank Holiday Mondays.

The next Open Day will be a special 20th Anniversary event marking two decades of the running of the Museum by the volunteers. It takes place this coming Saturday, April 26th, 10.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.

There will be three Open Days in May: May 5th, 26th and 31st.

This Saturday is April 26th 10.30 till 4.30, shall we meet there or does anyone know a pub nearby?

Sue ;-)

The old website is out of date try this one Traditional Heritage Museum

Map How to get there

Is anyone else coming? Or is it just me. :rolleyes: Bit quiet out there.

Hello..........

anyone there........

im sure you are out there really. he he

Sue

Is anyone else coming? Or is it just me. :rolleyes: Bit quiet out there.

Hello..........

anyone there........

im sure you are out there really. he he

Sue

Hi Sue I'm here but i am working Saturday, All i can say if i manage to finish at a reasonable time

i will come straight from work as for pubs i don't know any in that locality.

Gary

Thanks syrup I was beginning to think I was on my own. See you there I will probably be there after 1 ish if you are coming.

Sue

Thanks syrup I was beginning to think I was on my own. See you there I will probably be there after 1 ish if you are coming.

Sue

Had to do a bit of rearranging but I will be there at one.

Been looking at the pubs on the net, what about the Nursery Tavern is that too far towards town or near enough to the museum for a short walk.

Nursery tavern

Been looking at the pubs on the net, what about the Nursery Tavern is that too far towards town or near enough to the museum for a short walk.

Nursery tavern

Nursery is not too far but Porter Cottage is just around the corner.

Nursery is not too far but Porter Cottage is just around the corner.

The Porter Brook is two doors away could be ideal place to meet there are tables and chairs outside.