lost mother

Guest skeets

Guest skeets

Hi Folks l have traced my birth mother [ l am almost sure] but my findings are refuted by her relations, is there any way to prove my findings. Cheers Arthur.

Hi Folks l have traced my birth mother [ l am almost sure] but my findings are refuted by her relations, is there any way to prove my findings. Cheers Arthur.

I don't really know although I thought that under quite new legislation , all people had a legal right to know who their parents were. Have you checked that out?

Guest skeets

I don't really know although I thought that under quite new legislation , all people had a legal right to know who their parents were. Have you checked that out?

Johnn The trouble is that there is no one is alive to verbally concur [it's 84yrs ago] also she gave false info on my birth registration certificate which do't concur leagally. Cheers Arthur. [ thanks for your reply anyway]

Johnn The trouble is that there is no one is alive to verbally concur [it's 84yrs ago] also she gave false info on my birth registration certificate which do't concur leagally. Cheers Arthur. [ thanks for your reply anyway]

You could try and find a christening record.

Hi have you tried somerset house the main births marriages and deaths where all births have to be reported even if your birth mum had you adopted for some reason the powers that be I thought would have had to register that your mum gave birth to you before you where adopted also the adoption society should have some kind of information that could help with proof.

aapologies if you have already thought of this

There's always DNA testing. If as you say she has relations, if a check is made on you and anyone of them, it would prove without doubt she is related to you.

HI All those who posted regards my mother. Well recently by almost a miracle l have succeeded, a week or so go, l had a flashback to what my sister Frances said, soon after this bombshell dropped 36 years ago, and l was not really either interested or not listening at the time, she said she had heard that she had gone to Canada. After the usual searches, on a Canadian forum, my enquiry was picked up by a Genealogical Consultant of archives in Ottawa and he very kindly fowarded the following info;that on 27/3/1926 Florence Burnand alighted at Halifax from the ship DORIC he also gave me details of microfilm that exists giving further info; l am trying to get this but it is complicated, when l get it l wil keep you posted. Skeets.

HI All those who posted regards my mother. Well recently by almost a miracle l have succeeded, a week or so go, l had a flashback to what my sister Frances said, soon after this bombshell dropped 36 years ago, and l was not really either interested or not listening at the time, she said she had heard that she had gone to Canada. After the usual searches, on a Canadian forum, my enquiry was picked up by a Genealogical Consultant of archives in Ottawa and he very kindly fowarded the following info;that on 27/3/1926 Florence Burnand alighted at Halifax from the ship DORIC he also gave me details of microfilm that exists giving further info; l am trying to get this but it is complicated, when l get it l wil keep you posted. Skeets.

Thanks for the update Skeets.

My Annual Premium subscription to Ancestry doesn't allow me to see the details but I notice a record for Mrs Burnand, Port of Arrival Halifax, Nova Scotia ... does anyone have "Worldwide" access to Ancestry - there are 3 options Essentials, Premium and Worldwide

if not, maybe a member in North America/Canada has Ancestry and can see the Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935.

On 27/3/1926 Florence Burnand alighted at Halifax from the ship DORIC he also gave me details of microfilm that exists giving further info; l am trying to get this but it is complicated, when l get it l wil keep you posted. Skeets.

I had aunts and uncles who were Burnands.

Wonder if they are the same family as Burnand is not the most common of surnames and does seem to be fairly localised around Sheffield.

Margaret Burnand (1912 - 1996) and William Burnand (1921 - 1997) were sister and brother in the Burnand family (known as "Mags" and "Bill", or to me "auntie Mags" and "uncle Bill") who married a brother and sister in the Oadley family (Robert Oadley (1916 - 1986) and Kathleen Grace Oadley (1923 - 2009), Uncle Bob and auntie Kath to me respectively) to which I am directly related through my own mother who is an Oadley.